EGR flush apparently "not covered" by VW extended warranty?

paltibin

A few months ago I bought the extended warranty (All In Plan) for my ex AA 2017 T6 150 with 69k miles. The don't have any pre checks now it just has to be under 6 years and under 100k miles.

Had the EGR code come up with EML so booked into Sinclairs Van center in Cardiff today. They came back and said an EGR flush is needed which isn't covered by the extended warranty but VW had agreed to do it half price for a goodwill gesture. This is going to cost £177 and that's with 50% discount!!!

I thought that many of you were getting EGR flushes done under the All in Warranty plan and some people had a flush for free from the AA when they called them under the breakdown part? This all seems very inconsistent and I'm not sure why the flush isn't covered?

I hope the flush fixes the problem but is it worth me arguing that it should be covered?

Thanks

If you get it done make sure they replace the front egr pipe, it’s a new design - there’s a post on here somewhere with good pictures showing the difference between the old one and the new one

A few months ago I bought the extended warranty (All In Plan) for my ex AA 2017 T6 150 with 69k miles. The don't have any pre checks now it just has to be under 6 years and under 100k miles.

Had the EGR code come up with EML so booked into Sinclairs Van center in Cardiff today. They came back and said an EGR flush is needed which isn't covered by the extended warranty but VW had agreed to do it half price for a goodwill gesture. This is going to cost £177 and that's with 50% discount!!!

I thought that many of you were getting EGR flushes done under the All in Warranty plan and some people had a flush for free from the AA when they called them under the breakdown part? This all seems very inconsistent and I'm not sure why the flush isn't covered?

I hope the flush fixes the problem but is it worth me arguing that it should be covered?

Thanks
If you look at the documentation failure due to carbon isn’t covered, it’s very clear.

Back