Great info, thanks @mmi

Seems to suggest iOS support is coming and quite sensibly priced too :

A9B97D58-27DF-4763-B83E-A4A0A945476E.jpeg

I have a OBD reader so will run that today and see if there are any fault codes that need clearing otherwise, I think it’s time to order an OBDeleven..

Yes, eventually OBDeleven will be supported in IOS. I think currently no adaptations nor codings are possible yet ---> OBDeleven PRO pack

Could save a few ££ by ordering directly from obdeleven.com

You only need the dongle (Starter pack) + Activation (Pro only for Android - still).
The other packages (PRO, Ultimate, Winter) come just with more "credits" which can be used for preprogrammed codings & adaptations, however for T6 there really is none available at the moment.

PS. There still seems to be available older generation dongle (OBDeleven device €39.99) which still works fine, slow though (I have one).

Last edited:
In my opinion VCDS is a must for every VAG vehicle owner:)
and it has very important advantage, it is very intuitive and user friendly.
VCP, ODIS, etc. do almost the same but in slightly different way and each one has in addition capability to flash the firmware of all onboard controllers.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Reactions: mmi
Am I correct to think VCP is cheaper than VCDS? I think I have seen it available for £200GBP?

I did a basic scan of the van and had some fault codes stored, I cleared them but the heater still didn't work :(

Position 2 should be W-Bus (Should be a yellow wire ), I think that you should be using position 5 in the plug for Lin-bus.( I haven't any documentation to back this up though )
You have the W-Bus from the telestart going to the green/white in the plug/loom but the W-Bus should go to the yellow at the same plug.

tele.jpg

The loom came pre-terminated with :

loop terminal for ground

fuse holder socket for +ve

pin with green marking

Do you think I need to remove the signal wire (green marking) and put in a different place?

I am fairly certain that your wire going to the green/white should start from pin 5 at the telestart blue plug for Lin-Bus not 2. Did you specify that you wanted your wiring for Lin-Bus?

2 is for W-bus. My telestart diagram above is for W-Bus and you can see that pin 2 at the telestart is yellow ( W-bus).
Here is a T91 that I have wired for W-Bus ( I make my own looms):

img-1305-copy.jpg

Don't think any of those would cause a problem though?
I'm afraid the reader couldn't reach the Webasto. Seems to be just generic engine OBDII-codes, and probably not correctly decoded as the codes/explanations are really strange - referring to intake/exhaust valve controls.
So not really related to this challenge.

Can't read anything on the above wiring diagrams - I know that my eyes are old but can hardly make anything out.:(

Can't read anything on the above wiring diagrams - I know that my eyes are old but can hardly make anything out.:(
I just reuploaded the photos in my previous post.
Let me know if it is good enough, if not I will post pdf.

I just reuploaded the photos in my previous post.
Let me know if it is good enough, if not I will post pdf.
Definitely better to attach as pdf-files, the Forum compresses the images :(

Pics still not good.:(
I am beginning to wonder if the pin 2 may be correct but the telestart is not a Lin-Bus one so is only putting out W-Bus protocol.
These telestarts are difficult to decide what they are as I have tested one that isn't marked LIN but could only see a signal on pin 5 with the scope, nothing on 2,3or 4. Unfortunately I haven't got any LIN marked ones to play with as I don't use them.

Pics still not good.:(
I am beginning to wonder if the pin 2 may be correct but the telestart is not a Lin-Bus one so is only putting out W-Bus protocol.
These telestarts are difficult to decide what they are as I have tested one that isn't marked LIN but could only see a signal on pin 5 with the scope, nothing on 2,3or 4. Unfortunately I haven't got any LIN marked ones to play with as I don't use them.

Attachments

• Ewd.c (1).pdf
    101.5 KB · Views: 65
Back