Its a bloody mess,but pulling the extra wirin needed in "tubes" just like I did makes it look like Im a pro installer.. Nope.... Not even close.. lol
I have a red fused cable cummin directly from the battery. Found a nice 3 way splitter. Now I just wating for the remote from Germany, and I need to connect ground wire.
I have pulled this ground wire and the "signal" wire from the webasto in the black tubes and behind the heater cuntroller. used flece tape to protect it from anyone who takes a quick glance back there to see if someone have "murdered" the wires back there. so now it " looks" factory.. Nope.. Not even close.. lol
The tube runs under the seat, under the carpet and up the gear shift housing/Cover and up to the heater cuntroller. Kind of difficult to know what to do without havin seen any guide or pictures of where the wires should be ran. So strangely enough on a saturday, I managed to pull this of. Hmmm strange... anywhos... refitted all the panels and doodabs with connectors and whires, and everytime i was about to plug a cable in I went like this in my head " 1 2 3, Please dont blow up!". No smoke no burned wires or blow'n fuses. hmm.. wierd! Wel chaps and chapsetts This is me signing off for tonite and I'll be back when I got the remote, connected the ground wire for the relay and the van is not on fire. lol...

Last edited:
In my notes I found this.

There are 3 files:
FL_7E0963272B__0009.frf - Parking Heater
FL_7E0963272C__0009.frf - Parking Heater
FL_7E0963273A__0009.frf - Engine Heater
Name of flash file dedicated for specified module you can find here: VAG-Flashfiles Information

Files in my Dropbox here (forum won't allow this file format):

I can't recall which one I used to flash but I got the info on which file to use from this forum.

Does any one know if it would be possible to retro fit an auxiliary heater. Had them on last 2 vans really miss not having one on the new one, but at time of order it wasn't available.

Thanks Stoem, but it was the PRN files for the WTT software I was after, but after doing some research, I don’t think the unit can be flashed from the Webasto WTT software, I’ll have to find another way.

Does any one know if it would be possible to retro fit an auxiliary heater. Had them on last 2 vans really miss not having one on the new one, but at time of order it wasn't available.

I have just started looking into this with another vehicle (Skoda Yeti) and through Skoda and Webasto there is a retro fit kit available

What is interesting is the kit includes something called a Webasto IPCU controller

I have downloaded the instructions and this suggests that the IPCU is able to control the Yeti Climatronic without any need to refresh the software

Not sure if this applies to the T6 but might be worth looking into..

LINK

Absolutely made up, managed to get my heater flashed, now the overhead timer works and the remote, although I didn’t know you had to set up the remote from the overhead timer menu, stumped me a bit, thinking I had a faulty remote. Thank you everyone.

Are there any known professionals prepared to upgrade the aux heater … I’ve just found out I have one and could do with a heater in the van ..??

Would also just like to confirm the pin outs on the T91 Module are as labelled in the picture :

01 - Gnd
02 - ?
03 - ?
04 - ?
05 - W-Bus
06 - +Ve (to T91 module)

View attachment 57795
Does anyone have the full pinout? I think I saw it somewhere but lost it.
The intent is the following:
1. add button to the dash to switch webasto on/off
2. display status on LED

The above wiring description is incorrect.
The correct is as follows below:
1 - (+12V DC)
2 - LIN BUS
3 - none/blank
4 - none/blank
5 - none/blank
6 - GND (0V DC)

Once the Telestart is triggered remotely it produces 12V DC output on pin number 3 (green wire in my case).
This then could be used as a ON confirmation signal. I don't know where to connect it, maybe horn:p:D:rofl:

View attachment 64752

Hello to all.

Little help needed here...

As I understand to get Webasto working as parking heater I have to:
1. patch new SW to Webasto unit,
2. Connect remote control to PIN1 on red connector under seat.

As I know any control is possible: Telestart, Webasto Multicontrol, Push Button., as long it is connected to PIN1 of the connector. I prefer using Webasto Multicontrol SW. Please confirm!!!

I have a 2020 T6.1 Multivan, with CXFA motor and Climatronic.
From a OBDEleven there is a Parking heater with HW 5WA963271A and the same SW no.

Will this start the blower inside without any additional wiring?

THX.

Greetings from Slovenia.

sticker.jpg

connector.jpg

OBD.jpg

@ZimaSpartan before you flash your heater, get the Multicontrol hooked up and see how it works without flashing.
Do you have someone who can flash the heater for you? Obd11 won't be of much help if you intend to keep your T6 for some time...
Keep us posted on the results.

And no, for climatronic no additional wiring is required apart from hooking up your control device.

@eugene thank you for such a quick answer.
one more thing...
All the writings is about flashing units with HW and SW with numbers 7E0 963 271A and mine is 5WA 963 271A. Does anybody know what is the difference?

I need to get all the information before I get to buy all the parts.

I will first try to borrow Multicontol from a friend and give it a try...

Will this Ross Tech work for flashing?

1700935432008.png

Last edited:
@eugene thank you for such a quick answer.
one more thing...
All the writings is about flashing units with HW and SW with numbers 7E0 963 271A and mine is 5WA 963 271A. Does anybody know what is the difference?

I need to get all the information before I get to buy all the parts.

I will first try to borrow Multicontol from a friend and give it a try...
They are different things. One is hw pn and other is sw pn (VCDS would of course show both to you, that's why OBD11 is not much use). I think your best action plan my friend is go and try. You have sufficient info to start from something, especially that Multicontrol test will be free. I doubt you will get more than what you already got from the forums.

7E0 963 271A and mine is 5WA 963 271A. Does anybody know what is the difference?
Well, this thread is all about heater modification on T6 (PQ25 platform) - yours is T6.1 (MQB platform) which means that the all the controllers are different. This modification on T6.1 has not yet been done AFAIK.

Anyways, on T6.1 the desired functionality (OEM remote) as from factory has the following identifiers:
Address 18: Aux. Heat (J364)
Part No SW: 5WA 963 272 A HW: 5WA 963 272 A
Component: STH-VW37x 006 0010
Coding: 3543223854121512DCE519

Note: a different software than on T6.

Well, this thread is all about heater modification on T6 (PQ25 platform) - yours is T6.1 (MQB platform) which means that the all the controllers are different. This modification on T6.1 has not yet been done AFAIK.

Anyways, on T6.1 the desired functionality (OEM remote) as from factory has the following identifiers:
Address 18: Aux. Heat (J364)
Part No SW: 5WA 963 272 A HW: 5WA 963 272 A
Component: STH-VW37x 006 0010
Coding: 3543223854121512DCE519

Note: a different software than on T6.
That's why I think he should try it without flashing. The Telestart modules 3Q0963513A are designed for MQB afaik. Hence why we have to flash our webasto on T6.

Thanks guys. I will try it next week with borrowed Multicontrol and hope it works otherwise last option is to go with expensive DANHAG option...

Reactions: mmi
Back