The 12v output on the Telestart module is for switching analogue controls. I thought that you were using W-Bus signals so you should be testing/using the W-Bus signal output from it.
Which Telestart model are you playing with? T70,T80,T90,T91 or HTM100?

I am using w-bus signal. I just wanted to make sure that the telestart would recieve signals from the remote.
Its T91R

Check the protocol in WTT whilst using the remote - you should see the commands being sent to the heater from the Telestart and the echo.
The T91R is a Lin-Bus module AFAIK not W-Bus though.

Allrite, just tested it.. I can see
Message 1
Message 2
Message 3
etc
The text is black.
After pressing the button The text turns gray..
7N0 963 513 B T91R is writtn on the sticker of the Telestart

I don't know what you are looking at!
The protocol window and messages look like this ( Different heater but same principle)

prot.JPG

aah.. i see..
WEl.. I cant Connect to the heater anyway.. Its under Diagnosis - Device Selecton - W-Bus Monitor.
I use the same ttv softawre as you do in the screen shot

Allright folks, just had the car to the stealers to sort this shit out. They where not able to flash or reprogram the damn thing. Seems like i have to fork out the dosh for it my self.. was hopin they could sort it out for me while the shit was at the dealer for service so I didn’t have to pay for it out of pocket. I was hopin that they would just ass an extra 30mins or so on the bill to my boss for it. Now i start to miss like wv dealers and the bloody car…. The excuse they came up with was they did not have access.. Wankers i say, bloody wankers!!!!!
Rant over

Is there an easy way to get the original firmware for the webasto that came with the car?
Seems like the software downloaded from this site bricked the heater somehow and now the heater doesnt run, so I would like to put back the original firmware. I do have vcp6 cable.. anyone able to aid please?

A fresh auto-scan just for you @mmi
I have had the car in for a repair due to a leaking engine seal towards the front of the engine. So i guess the dealer disconnected some stuff and not cleared the faults after finishing the job.. Faults on the map sensor is not good..

Attachments

• Log-WV1ZZZ7HZJH206850-97180km-60384mi.txt
    18.2 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: mmi
the heater doesnt run,
Well, with the logged faults it certainly can't be started manually.
0266 - no communications with overhead controller​
0280, 0281 - no communication with remote​
Thus currently there simply is no way to trigger the heater on.

Do you have the remote or the overhead control panel??? Neither of them is not in the scan.

Also the missing connection (fault 0048) between Webasto and cabin heater blower would eventually prevent cabin heating - however I believe the Webasto would still fire for engine heating when engine is running (see below).

OR do you mean the heater does not fire automatically - below +5C AND cabin heater is set to HOT AND cabin heater blower is ON AND engine is running???

For the faults check this:

I do not have a overhead control panel, but I have telestart T91R under the Captains side, connected with w-bus to the correct wire and it has power.
I guess there is an issue with the telestart i have installed. perhaps I need to fit another type/model of telestart to make it work, Im not sure.
I'd would like to sort out the wiring from the webasto and the cabin heater blower. Im not sure what i would need for that, I guess a relay or 2, some constant power and some wiring. would love to see some pictures of what has to be done and exactly what wire to connect to and how to do it tho..

telestart T91R under the Captains side, connected with w-bus
Not sure about w-bus on T6 - I have thought it's a LINbus (per wiring diagram).

For a working remote the scan shows a subcontroller for the remote - as below:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 18: Aux. Heat (J364) Labels:| 7E0-963-27X-18.clb
Part No SW: 7E0 963 272 B HW: 7E0 963 272 B
Component: STH-T5GP2 003 0009
Coding: 5901

Remote Control Auxiliary Heater:
Subsystem 1 - Part No SW: 3Q0 963 513 HW: 3Q0 963 513

Component: R64 D208L 004 0402

Address 18: Aux. Heat (J364) Labels: 7E0-963-27X-18.clb
Part No SW: 7E0 963 272 B HW: 7E0 963 272 A
Component: STH-T5GP2 002 0009
Coding: 5801

Remote Control Auxiliary Heater:
Subsystem 1 - Part No SW: 5Q0 963 513 A HW: 5Q0 963 513 A

Component: R149 T91-LIN 003 0301

7N0 963 513 B T91R is writtn on the sticker of the Telestart
These below are known to work on T6:
5Q0 963 513 A (with oval remote controller)​
3Q0 963 513 (square remote).​

I'll check later the required wiring for cabin heater blower...

Nothing in subsystem is showin up, so the telestart I have must be wrong one. Need to get the correct one..
Asked for a quote for the correct type, over £600 for the module and the remote. Thats blackmailin prize!!!
I cant seem to find any complete kit on ebay for a prize i can accept...
But I can make up the wiring for the heater if you are able to point on the correct wiring to "attack". That would be nice

Basically just need to add one relay. Below snippets about OEM solution

The relay is fed from Webasto (J364) connector T6au pin 1.
webasto-T6au.png
OEM wiring from Webasto goes to RED connector T17p pin 5 (under front left seat). Please verify first if the pin 5 is already populated with green/brown wire - it would make this easy - otherwise have to make the connection at the Webasto.

The output side of the relay is fused with 30 Amp fuse (OEM fuse SC40 below). Ground=br=brown.

webasto-blower-a.png
Mates Climatic heater blower resistor pin 3 (St.2=speed 2). See blue arrows in the pictures.

webasto-blower-b.png

I hope this helps.

T6 WD Climatic 115/3, Auxliary coolant heater151/3, Supplementary heater 60.

Allrite, I unbolted the seat, and I was just about to lift it out of the car, then Swmbo (She who must be obeyed) announced that dinner was ready. Dinner is done and the darkness has allready settled in.. I cant see nothin! so this has to wait for tomorrow morning when the sun is up and im awake enought to wield some spanners

Just been outside to have a wee look.. Pin 5 is not present in eighter side of the red connector.. Bugger... Seems like I have to jack up the car to have a look at the webasto. The A2 connector, is that what webasto calls X1 i guess?
The T1Ar, is that a splice or a connector?
a 30Ah fuse for only speed 2 is a bit much if you ask me, I could understand if it used 30Ah fuse as the main feed to the resistor pack. Anywho.. But the wiring diagram you provided, I'd like to wire up the relay to the blower so I can select what speed I want. I did this on a Peugeot Expert a few years back on my old work van, and I enjoyed the freedome to select what I wanted, so I would like to be able to do it in this van too.
I got a 30Ah replay with holder, and a 30ah fuse socket, and wiring that bit is easy.. I would like to know where is the main feed or the relay for the blower fan located so i can use some snips to connect it to..

I have strangely enough the connector that goes to the webasto with all the pins present from another vehicle.. seems like the wires are 2meters long, so im goin to unpin one and use that in the van..

Last edited:
Pin 5 is not present in eighter side of the red connector..
That's what I was afraid of. Anyways, have to admire accuracy of VW documentation. In the wiring diagram the wire indeed was missing for your heater :rolleyes:

The T1Ar, is that a splice or a connector?
It's a connector but I'm afraid it's also missing in your van.

a 30Ah fuse for only speed 2 is a bit much if you ask me,
True - at speed 2 the blower's current draw is approx. 6 Amps. Anyways, that's what VW has put in.

I'd like to wire up the relay to the blower so I can select what speed I want.
I'm very interested to hear if that actually fully works. I have thought that when using Webasto the A/C controller itself is powered up by this blower speed 2 line - thus allowing temperature and direction of air flow to be controlled with the dials. Curious to see if this functionality works on the other lines.

where is the main feed or the relay for the blower fan located so i can use some snips to connect it to..
Behind glove box connector T17a (black) pin 1 - hefty 4mm² red/yellow wire.

Back