WEl.. I did reflash with 7E0 963 272 B now, and it still doesnt work at all.. Bugger...
Did you clear all the faults?
Perhaps a new VCDS Autoscan?
Do you have an Autoscan before playing with the van?

I can do a new scan with vcds.. And i dont think i have it before i played with it.. ill jump in th car now and do a scan and report back.

There we are.. New scan done. Strange enought.. the telestart module doesnt show up anywhere..
I Could install Teamviewer on the laptop so you can have a look for your self... remotely... if intrested

Attachments

• Log-STOLEN2-WV1ZZZ7HZJH206850-91190km-56662mi.txt
    17.1 KB · Views: 5
There we are.. New scan done. Strange enought.. the telestart module doesnt show up anywhere..
Yes, something not right - wiring?

Anyways, good news is you got two new faults (below).
Code:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 18: Aux. Heat (J364)       Labels:| 7E0-963-27X-18.clb
   Part No SW: 7E0 963 272 B    HW: 7E0 963 273 A
   Component: STH-T5GP2     003 0009 
   Coding: 5901
   Shop #: WSC 07383 005 104857
   ASAM Dataset: EV_AuxilParkiHeateWOST5G2 001013
   ROD: EV_AuxilParkiHeateWOST5G2.rod
   VCID: 2B55B2AB420539D1C4-807E

0058 - Local Databus
          U1030 00 [008] - Electrical Malfunction
             Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00000001
                    Fault Priority: 6
                    Fault Frequency: 1
                    Reset counter: 129
                    Mileage: 91192 km

Parking heater: operating condition: System malfunction
                    Coolant temperature of parking heater: 17 °C
                    Coolant temperature: -48 °C
                    Engine running status: not detected
                    Fuel level: 58 l
                    Heating performance: 0 W

0048 - Control Circuit for Front Air Blower
          B10A0 15 [009] - Open or Short to Plus
          Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00000001
                    Fault Priority: 3
                    Fault Frequency: 1
                    Reset counter: 89
                    Mileage: 91192 km
                    Date: 2022.07.15
                    Time: 11:11:27

Parking heater: operating condition: System malfunction
                    Coolant temperature of parking heater: 16 °C
                    Coolant temperature: 15 °C
                    Engine running status: not detected
                    Fuel level: 58 l
                    Heating performance: 0 W

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fault 0058 possibly indicates missing Telestart?

Fault 0048 most likely indicates that the "B" software needs to run front heater blower - because your van has Climatic-T5 A/C+heater controller (address 08) the connection between Webasto and Climatic needs to be wired (Climatronic would have done that by CANbus messages).

The wiring:

You have checked this thread too?

Please clear all the faults in all modules - the redo the Autoscan - we now should get much cleaner Scan.

I havent done much with wiring at all.. I'll look in to it..
Addin new scan after dtc clear

Attachments

• Log-STOLEN3-WV1ZZZ7HZJH206850-91190km-56662mi.txt
    12.8 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: mmi
I havent done much with wiring at all.. I'll look in to it..
Addin new scan after dtc clear
Thank you - even better now - 4 new faults laugh.gif but fortunately known "faults" :thumbsup: Interesting one is the now gone 0058 - perhaps just a remnant from before flashing or some coding experiment.

Three of faults in Webasto (0266, 0280, 0281) can be reproduced by having remote controller and overhead controller panel (6E) disconnected. See here:

The fourth - 0048 - confident as explained two posts above - needs just wiring from Webasto to Climatic.

Ye, I been trying out different coding to see if it does work.. so it might be remnant of it.. I think the telestart I have is not compatible(7N0 963 513 B) with the car.. its not labeled as LIN on it only Wv sticker on it and on the oval remote. Perhaps I have to order a new telestart unit that has LIN on the sticker, if so what number on in should i get? i have seen 2 numbers around this forum and im not sure what is correct on mine.
I havent looked at the wiring from the Webasto to Climatic yet, well.. i had a quick look for that wire mentioned in the wiring diagram provided here but I cant find it in the connecotr, or im looking for it in the wrong place..

what number on in should i get? i have seen 2 numbers around this forum and im not sure what is correct on mine.
Early T6s have remote control receiver 5Q0 963 513 A (with oval remote controller). From MY2017 onwards remote control receiver is 3Q0 963 513 (square remote). However, I'm fairly confident they both work - because both of them were installed with exactly the same heater.

I would go for the newer (usually cheaper and better availability) one 3Q0 963 513.

Allrite I'll look for 3Q0 963 513. Strange enough.. I riped out the driver seat and connected webasto test software and cable and I could not communicate with the evo. Not sure if there is anything wrong with my kkl cable or not.. I used pin7 in the cable to connect to the w-bus in the evo.. Perhaps its a driver issue or some sort of settins that i have to change to make it work again. but I can see why it all of the sudden stoped working.. So it might that the telestart i got is broken and my diagnostic tool is broken, im not sure.
i can communicate with the evo via vcds..

Figured that my cable is working as intended, just bench tested it with a TTV and i can connect to it perfectly.. But I cant do that to the Evo in the car... Strange

W-Bus 3.5 v W-Bus 4.0 most probably. You need Authorized Webasto dongle and software 3.7 and above to talk to 4. What software and dongle are you trying to use?

select.JPG

hmm.. Did i use the no dongle thingy to talk to the heater.. I think i snatched the vtt software you posted here.. i cant remember if i tested that. ill check. ooof.. out with the seat again..
When I come to think about it, i used the old version 2.16 i think and selected w-bus so I could talk to it..

2.16 is the no dongle version that I posted that you can use for W-Bus 3.5, it is no good me posting the 3.7 software version as you cannot use it without a Webasto dongle.

Thats fine.. I have a photo of the software running connected to the car. it is V2.14 w-bus Com3.. So i can talk to the evo.. dont understand why i cant talk to it now...

Check that you are using the same power and ground for the heater and the dongle ( I take them from the heater harness to be sure ) as this will stop connection.

Thats good.. then I know the w-bus wire is ok. I disconnected the red connector under the seat. Gave 12v Red/yellow and Gnd brown to the harness goin to the heater. but still no joy. Its not a pretty sight the wiring i did, but No piercing probes used.. and it stil does not work for me anymore..
Ok.. this is it.. the car is goin to the scrapper asap!!!

Wel gents, I have been trying today to get this shit show to work, and it stil does not do anything, I have tested with a dvm on 12v out from the telestart module and i see a 12v signal on for a few secounds when i press the on button. So now i know that the remote signal is recieved at the telestart. I visited a breaker today.. they wanted £75 just for the module, no remote no wiring. I did not want to spend that ammout of money on it. So now Im lost in what to try.. Heeeeelp....

Back