Water waste on lowered van

Danksy

Hi peeps - I've never used my sink but since the rules for 12th April onwards require us to be self contained I think I'm going to have to pour stuff down it.
The trouble is I only have 15cm of clearance under the van to put something to collect the liquids that come through.

I just wondered if any of you guys faced the same dilemma and came up with a solution that didn't involve grey water pouring onto the pitch!

We don’t tend to pour much down the sink and often if we do then just pour it onto the pitch. I did get one of these though thinking that it can be expanded from the ground up to the outlet. I haven’t tried it yet but it seems to want to stay collapsed when empty so may need to hang from the underside somehow

XEANCO Collapsible Water Container, 5L/10L/15L BPA-Free Camping Water Containers with Tap, Water Carrier Camping, Portable & Folding Water Bucket for Outdoor Use Picnic Party BBQ Fishing XEANCO Collapsible Water Container, 5L BPA-Free Camping Water Containers with Tap, Water Carrier Camping, Portable & Folding Water Bucket for Outdoor Use Picnic Party BBQ Fishing (5L): Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors

Reactions: CAB
Thinking laterally I came up with this...
View attachment 110636
Mines not low but that’s what I’ve just got ready for when I get round to lowering mine, tray as side bars make it lower still, but I did think of running the waste up to engine area and saying it was the air con drain

Thinking laterally I came up with this...
View attachment 110636

ooo. . . . thats a good one, =]

i got one of those . . . but use it for other jobs.

1617206585252.png1617206600778.png1617206614734.png

i just noticed they have a new version . . . . 10 litres !!!

Sealey DRP07 Oil/Fluid Drain and Recycle Container, 10L

1617206734416.png

Mines getting a three way valve with a rod to changeover, one port to the drain on the side, the other to the centre of the van.
Not the exact valve I’m planning on using, just an example:

You can get actual grey water containers like this (big hole in the top with a cap for carrying to be emptied). In fact I saw my dads one at the end of his garden the other day (they sold their caravan over 20 years ago!). I know it’s light but do you really want to carry round a big container everywhere you go? That’s why I was thinking collapsible, also the volume we put down the sink is tiny

Mines not low but that’s what I’ve just got ready for when I get round to lowering mine, tray as side bars make it lower still, but I did think of running the waste up to engine area and saying it was the air con drain
My problem mate - it’s 140mm at the side bar

My van has only about 5 ins clearance - what with side rails and a little lowering. The available collecting tanks are all about 10 ins !!!
Is there a shallow tank out there or is there another solution. Maybe extending the pipe and placing a tank out back ?

Back