Underslung water tank - Interior Gauge question

Newadventurer

T6 Pro
Hello everyone do any of you have an underslung water tank if so read on as need your advice please -
Our tank holds 60 litres capacity - can I ask you as to whether your water gauge is accurate In your vans? As ours doesn't seem to be accurate at all - eg I put in approx 8 litres the other day and the gauge showed 40 % full ( we were on a flat surface too ) we used a little that night and I looked in the grey waste bucket and we had used probably around 2 litres tops - yet the gauge showed 0 = really confusing - any ideas please ?

anyone else with our type of water tank capacity display that indicates what percentage full the tank is that could shed some light on my question at the top of this thread please?

I just bend down behind the vehicle and "rock" the van slightly, you can usually see the level (roughly) sometimes it helps to use a torch or similar. If it's dark or wet underfoot, I send the Mrs out to do it. :p

Our tank isn't underslung, but it is "captive" and hidden away somewhere in the cabinetry (above the o/s rear wheelarch IIRC) so not viewable. One of the screens on our control panel shows % full for both the water and the gas tanks. It seems pretty accurate, though it is very slow to update when filling the tank.

Back