Water Pump problems

MikeB

T6 Pro
We have an Exploria conversion with a Sureflow Trail King 10 water pump for the sink. This seems to have cracked over the winter, despite my best efforts to drain the system by emptying the underslung tank, and then running the pump until the system was (supposedly ) empty. The tap was left open as well. Looking at advice on the web, and indeed from Sureflow itself, there is a suggestion of some form of potable-water antifreeze. Or, having allowed it to pump the system clear, then disconnect both inlet and outlet ports before leaving over winter.

Given the location, that's a royal PITA involving too much faffery to do as a matter of course! (Remove sink - remove the board at the back of the cupboard that neatly hides the pump - remove pump to access the lower port - - - (

Thoughts / advice / possible ideas to prevent this happening? This is the second time we've had cold related problems with the plumbing - although the first was user-error!

IMG_2103.jpg

What has cracked?
I'm suspecting the black plastic section on the right (the impeller body). There is certainly evidence of water on the top of the fridge, and until I get the pump out I'm not able to check it properly of course. That's tomorrow's job!

Back