Tank connection size for fresh water

Outcycling

T6 Pro
Hi,

I have a cak tank 203f to fit under the vehicle behind the spare wheel for fresh water. It has a 40mm inlet connection point. The tank has 3 small white discs on the top which I presume are pressure relief valves so it can vent if over full. I wanted to fit just a conventional bayonet fitting to fill the tank running a 12mm pipe from the filler the tank but have several issues.
1) how to convert the 40mm pipe down to a 12mm hose?
2) if I manage to do this will it fill ok (will trapped air/water be an issue) with the vents working?
3) presuming it all works ok how would I put get stuff into the tank to sterilise it? Can you get the cleaning stuff as a liquid and so pour it in via the hose?

This is all cos I don’t want a big water connector in the side of the vehicle or running a large 40mm pipe down through the units and out the floor.

Thanks.

Option 1 cak do a 40mm to 25mm reducer and then find a 25mm to 12mm reducer. Option 2 A cleaner option would be to seal up the 40mm pipe and then use either a new hole and bulkhead fitting to suit or install the bulkhead fitting through the cap

Option 1 cak do a 40mm to 25mm reducer and then find a 25mm to 12mm reducer. Option 2 A cleaner option would be to seal up the 40mm pipe and then use either a new hole and bulkhead fitting to suit or install the bulkhead fitting through the cap
Excellent. Are these standard fittings? Where would I get them? Thanks

Use a reducer, 12mm filling is fine, don’t forget to put a check valve in the line if below the tank level.
Vent’s will work.
I suggest using Milton sterilising fluid, I add to the empty hose before connecting to the tank filling line.

Hi, well eventually got hold of cak tanks and they sent me a 40 to 25 reducer, isolator and hose connector that fits into the isolator. But they have no way of securing all the various sized pipes to the underside of the van and only some very lightweight clips for the drain cocks.

How does everyone secure the pipes etc? I’d think cable ties have the potential to cut through the flexible pipe with van vibration?

Thanks.

Back