Water leaking out of this [A/C drain]

Hi guys
I noticed water ( I think) coming from a black outlet on the back of the engine compartment on the passenger side . I think it’s the ac condensate is this normal. Had the ac on yesterday for 10 minutes for the first time this yr.

Yes, it’s normal. For info, it’s worth running the aircon in the winter as it lubricates the various seals in the aircon system, and is great for demisting on damp winter days.

Pete

VW recommend the AC is run at all times, remember not to use the fan setting 1, it tends to burn out the resistor pack.

I uses a couple of extra thimbles full a year. Better to use a smidge more fuel and be comfortable than have your aircon pack up through not being used.

Modern aircon systems are much more efficient than the early systems. Yes, they are bound to use more fuel, but I haven’t noticed a difference.

Pete

Just a thought- I’m sure i read a recent thread where it was said that there’s no clutch on the air con compressor, just a by pass valve. Therefore as the pump is running all the time would you need to turn it on in the winter?

I've run my AC for 99% of the time for 121k for the last 5 years and its still blowing out ice cold air.....jinx, damn. Well I've said it now.

Modern aircon systems are much more efficient than the early systems. Yes, they are bound to use more fuel, but I haven’t noticed a difference.

Pete
I was once told that using air-con was more efficient than the drag coefficient that having a window open causes.

Aircon is best used, the more often the better.
On some cars with climate control you can't actually turn it off unless you turn off the HVAC completely.

reminder you have climate control in your vans and cars . the thermostat is set and fairly accurate its not like the old days

you don't need full hot or full cold. just a tiny movement of the dial will make a difference it will click the A/C on and off when needed to maintain a temperature not just a full on blast getting so cold it freezes the coil leaving a puddle on the ground when you switch it off

over heating the fan box might be why that plastic link breaks

if its cold the heating will come on without resetting the thermostat to clear the frost of the screen .. it wont warm up any quicker lol . it's in your head........ just re-circ the air for a while in either heating or cooling ....

Hi can anyone tell me what the grommett in the centre of the photograph is..I have just recently noticed that after driving the van that a non oily liquid drips out of the end..It eventually stops and does not leak if van is not used.
Thanks in advance.

downloadfile~2.jpg

I have water coming out of this rubber groomet in the bulkhead. In the 4 years of ownership I've never noticed it before but might just be A/C condensation. Does anyone have any idea what it it and where the water is from?

Thanks

Screenshot 2021-09-05 at 13.14.30.png

Back