Loosing coolant

satrdayboy66

I’ve got a 2017 T6 2l on 123k miles. Recently been into garage to have glow plugs and injector changed. Since I’ve had van back I’ve noticed the coolant level is going down in coolant bottle. I had no issue with level dropping previously. No obvious leaks. Will contact garage, but would they have had to remove anything to do with coolant system when changing glow plugs and injector, which may now be leaking? Thanks

I’ve got a 2017 T6 2l on 123k miles. Recently been into garage to have glow plugs and injector changed. Since I’ve had van back I’ve noticed the coolant level is going down in coolant bottle. I had no issue with level dropping previously. No obvious leaks. Will contact garage, but would they have had to remove anything to do with coolant system when changing glow plugs and injector, which may now be leaking? Thanks
Is it a 204ps? If so the charge air cooler was removed.
Ask the garage if the coolant was vacuum filled.

Airlock in the system?

Does the level return?. Or keep dropping?

Charge air cooler is known to leak into the inlet....

A coolant pressure test should reveal a leak if it has one.

Thanks for the replies. Spoke to garage yesterday and they confirmed that some hoses were disconnected and will check. Topped up again yesterday and took van out checked later in day and level now looks the same.

Back