Water leaking out of this [A/C drain]

TEESIXY

T6 Guru
I've not been using the van much lately, and it can be parked up, sometimes for weeks in a garage.

Whenever i do use it though, there always seems to be quite a lot of clear water where the van has been standing- usually below the front bumper area. I've always assumed that the underside of the van must have been wet when i parked it.

But yesterday it had done it again, and the last time i had used it 5 days ago, the roads were dry. So i mopped it up, put the van back in the garage, and within half an hour some water had dripped, this time in the middle, in line with the back of the engine. Got underneath, but couldnt see where it had come from.

Its not screen wash, engine coolant or adblu. Anyone else had this or got any ideas ?

aircon condensing? you could use the old trick of a card board under/ even patterned carboard to give you a better idea of the location
hopefully the liquid fall straight through and not drip along something further on

Have you had your aircon turned on? If so - it could be that... ie - condensation as the system runs...

Air con condence...

Don't forget the AC is switched on when you have the blowers on the windscreen.

Hi all, I’ve just noticed a drip from underneath the engine.
It appears to be water.
It’s on the passenger side.
Any thoughts would be appreciated

The AC drain is on the passenger side behind engine it’s prob condense from that ??

All vehicles with aircon do this. Just make sure it is water and not antifreeze.

Pete

I was checking the van earlier and could see a pool of water underneath dripping from the engine area. I thought it was the air con but I didn't have it on.

On closer inspection, I saw what o would say is like a drain pipe coming from the engine area. I would describe it as like an elephant's trunk.

I've taken a picture and it's the black rubber thing to the left of the circular white plastic disk as you look at the photo.

The drips of water were coming from the rubber hose/elephant's trunk. Any ideas what it maybe?

Thank all.

IMG_20190722_210121.jpg

IMG_20190722_210113.jpg

That’s the aircon drain. Nothing to worry about.

Thanks for the speedy reply Deaky. Would water still drain even though Aircon not on??

Newbie question, probably already asked but I’m on the road right now. I noticed a leak when filling up, just wondering what it is and if I’m going to break down/ do damage. It’s coming from this rubber outlet in the firewall. Sorry picture isn’t that good but it’s the black bit behind the pipe. Any ideas on what the fluid is? Thank you!

03AC670E-33A6-4C4F-83BC-9E99CD8F0B2F.jpeg

Is that the condensate drain from the evaporator in the AC system?

Did it look/smell like water?

Thanks, I’m hoping so, the liquid didn’t smell of anything so was hoping it’s water/ condensation. Just seems quite a lot.

I find that it tends to freeze up when driving and it melts when you turn the system off. It can be quite a bit when it’s humid and you’ve been running the AC.

I presume you’d been running the AC?

Back