Wash & Wax Time . . . . . . But Which One And How?

Now I've found a bulk buy of Bilt and Hamber wheel cleaner following advice from knowledgable forum users, I thought I'd ask if anyone knows if the 5 litre Autoglym Coat-It is exactly the same stuff as Autoglym Polar Seal? (It looks like it is, but wondered if anyone can 100% confirm?)

Is this stuff:
Exactly the same as this stuff:

I love the Polar Seal stuff and I use it every week on van & cars and I do get through! I'm looking to save those hard earned pennies.;)

Once wheels are spotlessly clean, I've never found the need to use specific wheel cleaners. Regular car shampoo and a dedicated wheel mitt does the job, even after a month of rural neglect. Being able to get my hands through the spokes of the Canteras helps to clean the insides tho'.
No fancy products needed today.

20220122_124643.jpg20220122_131104.jpg

Now I've found a bulk buy of Bilt and Hamber wheel cleaner following advice from knowledgable forum users, I thought I'd ask if anyone knows if the 5 litre Autoglym Coat-It is exactly the same stuff as Autoglym Polar Seal? (It looks like it is, but wondered if anyone can 100% confirm?)

Is this stuff:

I love the Polar Seal stuff and I use it every week on van & cars and I do get through! I'm looking to save those hard earned pennies.;)
Not for everyone but prefer a traditional wash and polish and use sonax Detailer in between polishing every 4months or so! It’s very cheap but very highly recommended one of them little gem of a product goes on thick for a Detailer so needs to work in well but you won’t be disappointed with the results and repels water like I’ve never seen before the beading is immense

Is this stuff:

I think it is! @Tourershine will know for sure

DSC_4032.JPG

Can you tell??!!

Using Meguiars (?) and very pleased with the way it stays hydrophobic.

Wheels are washed with whatever water is left after doing a van and two cars!!

bits are in . . . now its time to test it !!!

1643392929892.png

so we have this stuff :

1643392994758.png

with some of these:

1643393036213.png

this stuff is nutts - check it out. (if goes red when it reacts with break dust)

1643393145377.png

1643393230868.png

YouTube video below:

Lets do this. . . .

Last edited:
Not being funny (maybe I am a bit) but that's ^ not a clean wheel.
THIS is a clean wheel. Proper job by @dubber36 there. :thumbsup:
20220122_131104-jpg.142893

bits are in . . . now its time to test it !!!

View attachment 143767

so we have this stuff :

View attachment 143768

with some of these:

View attachment 143769

this stuff is nutts - check it out. (if goes red when it reacts with break dust)

View attachment 143770

View attachment 143773

YouTube video below:

Lets do this. . . .
It's good isn't it! I used mine today after running out of the Meguiars equivalent that was hugely expensive. Well pleased with the result from the Bilt Hamber stuff.
As a matter of interest did you need to agitate? Mine just washed off.
I have a query for the detailers on here-
I spayed the wheels with the Bilt hammer stuff on dry wheels, then snow foamed whole van prior to pressure washing the lot off.
21A959E1-A6A8-4B6C-9631-3780EC784DE2.jpeg
This worked great but the Bilt hammer stuff says apply and then pressure wash off, Any long term consequences doing what I did? I don't want my wheels to oxidise or something just because I'm impatient!

Is this stuff:

I've tried the Polar Blast / Polar Wash / Polar Seal on my T6 and my wife's car today and I'm impressed, but I saw on the Polar Seal instructions it says not to use it more often than once a month. Do you have any issues using it more frequently?

I've tried the Polar Blast / Polar Wash / Polar Seal on my T6 and my wife's car today and I'm impressed, but I saw on the Polar Seal instructions it says not to use it more often than once a month. Do you have any issues using it more frequently?
Not yet! I shall stop using it so regularly. It just smells so nice and makes it lovely and beady! I shall also engage brain and read bottles too!

Not yet! I shall stop using it so regularly. It just smells so nice and makes it lovely and beady! I shall also engage brain and read bottles too!
I totally agree though, it's a great product and a big time saver. :thumbsup:

Back