VW T5.1 being upgraded to T6 4motion running gear

Also could please check what's documented in VCDS Long Coding helper about engine. Would be great for future reference if could make screenshots about those (Alt-PrintScreen, paste into Paint, save into a file... post here)

Unfortunately I don't have that data about your engine - but would expect to see something similar to this (from T6 EU6 engine)
1659598736129.png

1st scan is oldest I could find(windows11 beta load deletes old scans..), 2nd scan is yesterday
Only changes pertinent to ESP/ABS is AWD set up, so now reading rear abs sensors for speed check, please let me know if I am missing knowledge ....

Attachments

• Log-WV1ZZZ7HZFH156326-232230km-144301mi.txt
    10 KB · Views: 7
  • Log-VE15YJT-WV1ZZZ7HZFH156326...txt
    11.6 KB · Views: 6
Also could please check what's documented in VCDS Long Coding helper about engine. Would be great for future reference if could make screenshots about those (Alt-PrintScreen, paste into Paint, save into a file... post here)

Unfortunately I don't have that data about your engine - but would expect to see something similar to this (from T6 EU6 engine)
View attachment 167611
Sure I will get on it in a while, gotta button dash up and test drive it ..... CCS installed,
My van is a 2015 T5.1 highline, eu5, caac engine, dsg, 4wd now. 16" front brakes, cruise/c, mfsw, lowered suspension(sports)
think thats all .... yes I set up engine for AWD on vcds.... does the Right hand drive need selecting as shown in your snippet..?
No ACC ..... mine is a van ... so pretty dumb..

Reactions: mmi
does the Right hand drive need selecting as shown in your snippet..?
No - I think it might be an oversight in VCDS. I think I have checked that bit on various scans (quite some time ago) and the RHD/LHD didn't match 100% with the actual scans.
1st scan is oldest I could find(windows11 beta load deletes old scans..), 2nd scan is yesterday
Only changes pertinent to ESP/ABS is AWD set up, so now reading rear abs sensors for speed check, please let me know if I am missing knowledge ....
Thanks.
I think we need a fresh scan - the scan of 1st of August does not have the 22-AWD listed.

BTW, have you tried to disable the AWD in engine coding to see if the ABS fault goes away - just to double-check wherefrom the ABS gets it's information about wrong coding (and also to check it's the AWD bit in ABS we are chasing for).

If you've got a real copy of VCDS, then the Ross-tech support will probably be able to help you with ABS coding.

Reactions: JOG
If you've got a real copy of VCDS, then the Ross-tech support will probably be able to help you with ABS coding.
I am an original ross-tech rs232 user, had 2x interfaces over years from them, now totally dumb to CAN, then they updated and blocked the HEX-KEY/USB and at that point now not working for over1year ... I cannot afford it frankly.
I am happy to pay a company to re-code it, I don't mind spending but not $$$ for 1 use.
I did expect this also ..... lol
If it's upsetting that I use a cracked vcds then let me know and I will remove all my scans ....? no problem at all...

I think we need a fresh scan - the scan of 1st of August does not have the 22-AWD listed.

BTW, have you tried to disable the AWD in engine coding to see if the ABS fault goes away - just to double-check wherefrom the ABS gets it's information about wrong coding (and also to check it's the AWD bit in ABS we are chasing for).
My heads hurting today .... actually on backwards....
I will get out in a bit and try that, thank you ..

So the engine coding will not accept AWD, it will not stick, I tried 2 access codes 12233 and 27971 ... both accepted, niether will stick the change, it comes back with code:22 rejection, string not useable or likes ..
full scan+ below

Attachments

• Log-VE15YJT.txt
    15.6 KB · Views: 9
I am not smart enough to help with this but have been following the thread because I think it is a seriously impressive project.

The only thing I can offer - my van is a T5.1 4motion DSG. So if there is anything you want to know for comparison let me know (I have VCDS). It is however the CFCA engine. I also have the diff lock.

It may not be helpful since you are adding the T6 box, but the offer is there if you need.

I am not smart enough to help with this but have been following the thread because I think it is a seriously impressive project.

The only thing I can offer - my van is a T5.1 4motion DSG. So if there is anything you want to know for comparison let me know (I have VCDS). It is however the CFCA engine. I also have the diff lock.

It may not be helpful since you are adding the T6 box, but the offer is there if you need.
Ah but your smart enough to see the vans are almost the same.... well mine wants to be ....thank you willwillwill....
Yes mines a 15 plate 5.1 highline ..dsg 4motion and I am thinking we could have a similair build, mines a 140ps caac lump ...
Do you have a vcds scan of yours .. so I can see your ABS long code, yours swb..? cruise control ..?
T5 & T6 DSG boxes are the same really ..

I took mine on a 35 mile run in traffic today, haldex made some funny sounds, adapting the clutch I expect, settled down now, no noises, drives very well now... wales tomorrow...

Thank you very much. Yes surely it would help to crack ABS coding - there are not many T5.1 4Motion scans around. Helpful would be complete VCDS Auto-Scan and following information bits:
LWB or SWB​
Chassis is 17" because of CFCA engine?​
Does it have TPMS (ABS based)?​
Does it have Hill Descent?​
Cruise control?​

It is however the CFCA engine.
Do you happen remember if 4Motion was available at all with 140PS (CAAC) engine with DSG?
For sure 4Motion was available with manual 6-speed transmission with 140 PS engine, but with DSG???

Do you happen remember if 4Motion was available at all with 140PS (CAAC) engine with DSG?
For sure 4Motion was available with manual 6-speed transmission with 140 PS engine, but with DSG???
Yes it was as I went through cats and mountings on etka, which fitted on the bevel box, had the parts in hand. CAAC is a bit under power

As someone who was impressed with himself for fitting a Stee Free parcel shelf/bed extension to Caravelle rails the other day, I'm blown away by what you've taken on here. Gripping read but can you wrap it up soon, I'm going away next Friday
Thanks ... well this is not an enjoyable itch that needed scratching ... If I had known what would have occurred in the last 2 months personally I would/should have sold this to webuyyourshit.com .....
I wouldn't do it again unless paid extremely well, Parts were basically new, which is why I went for it

4motion is in, running - no faults - ABS is sick

@WillWillWill thank you buddy .... much appreciated

Some progress with the ABS coding - I believe.
Put 1+12 scans into Excel, took advantage @dnoermann 's work done on MK100.

I believe we can narrow down our search quite a bit...
It looks like we have cracked the green ones - it's been 100% match with ABS coding and VINs + fixed values for T5.1 (vehicles MY11..MY15). I do hope @WillWillWill 's scan won't break the pattern :speechless:

T6F_unknowns_1b.png

Besides just being unknown (blue ones) there exist only certain values - probaly because of differences in vehicle configuration based on the following "parameters" (some option codes sen on configiration sticker"e.g (0E1) for SWB)
LHD/RHD​
SWB(0E1)/LWB(OE2)​
Chassis (big brakes) 16"(2E3)/17"(2E4)​
TPMS (ABS, or module 65 on board)​
Hill descent​
Vehicle class: panel van, passenger carrier, Camper​
Possibly others as well.​

Anyways, as an appetizer - the "unknows" from a few scans (the mirrored bytes are not unknowns but calculated)
Note that just few different values exist in the unknowns - just need to figure out which is which. The two leftmosts are just your scan doubled (just for my testing of theory).
1659687353098.png

Way forward?
Perhaps try to combine coding from @WillWillWill with yours.
Thus keeping the "fixed" parts + VIN from your scan. And replace the unknows from his.

I believe/hope the ABS will accept that as valid coding- but possibly manifests something else.

What do you think? I think I can provide a combined coding from the spreadsheet quite easily - now :geek:

If I did my calculations correctly the following should be valid codings - indeces in [bracket] just refer back to my notes :

508724AD89A90A9B24A59173C96412 [D] The current
708764AD99A90E9B26A59973A96410 [E] Combined with @WillWillWill thus CFCA+DSG+4M

The differenecs in the two above (in addition to VIN)
1659694259055.png

Two more below - however if the above is not accepted then probably I have miscalculated something.

608764AD19A9069B26A59873A96410 [F] RHD CFCA DSG 4M from VW California Eberspacher Remote
508724AD91A90A9B24A58973C96412 [K] RHD CAAC MAN 4M from T5.1 OPS Retrofit help needed

then they updated and blocked the HEX-KEY/USB
Hmm.... I don't think anything is actually blocked - it's just that KEY-USB dongle simply does not have CAN bus - still runs latest software.
Some fancy details about discontinued interfaces in here R-T: Memorial Garden

Anyways - back on the subject...
So the engine coding will not accept AWD, it will not stick, I tried 2 access codes 12233 and 27971 ... both accepted, niether will stick the change, it comes back with code:22 rejection, string not useable or likes ..
Well, that's interesting... and a bit concerning may be...
I believe your interface actually is capable of coding CAAC engine - your could verify that by e.g. changing some other bit in the coding. Perhaps flipping Cruise control bit on/off - it should be "adjustable".

Then the concerning part...
Yes it was as I went through cats and mountings on etka, which fitted on the bevel box, had the parts in hand. CAAC is a bit under power
Unfortunately I haven't find a scan with CAAC+DSG+4Motion - just a few with manual gearbox with 4Motion.

Just having some concerns that the ECU software isn't actually programmed to run 4Motion - and thus rejecting the coding.

What I found (after not finding a scan) there seem to be a separate engine software for each of the following configurations:
CAAC with manual gearbox,​
CAAC+DSG,​
CAAC+manual+4Motion.​

Also checked 2014-15 pricelists (for Finland) and noticed that combination CAAC+DSG+4Motion was not available then for us, at least..

I used site ifinterface.com to search MY14-15 diesel engine ECUs with G1D option (=DSG+4Motion) and came out only with CFCA.
On site
Just in free services browse down to Transporter MY15, or MY14... eventually picture 906-021... search for option code G1D (7sp DSG + 4Motion)
G1D=DSG+4M-.png
The part number is actually the software identifier. The software itself is re-programmable and available from VW.

22-AWD controller​

I'm sure you've noticed that on T6 EU6 engines the coding is 0501 (yours currently 0101) - although the first byte just identifies vehicle type the Haldex is installed - so not sure what it should be for yours.

Have you checked the Haldex is actually communicating with Engine and ABS. It probably can be seen in the following measurement values in 22-AWD controller.

Presumably from ABS
IDE00920 Front left wheel speed​
IDE00921 Front right wheel speed​
IDE00922 Left rear wheel speed​
IDE00923 Right rear wheel speed​

Presumably commanded by engine controller - very dynamic based on throttle and selected gear
IDE04502-MAS04730 Haldex clutch status-Degree of blockage​
IDE05707 Haldex clutch pump current​
IDE05708 Haldex clutch pump PWM signal​
IDE05710 Haldex clutch pump voltage​
Note: handbrake must be OFF​

Back