VW T5.1 being upgraded to T6 4motion running gear

There's only one question left! So that everything works in the factory.

How to open the possibility of encoding 5 bytes

Maybe use a tool like VCP or kess .. same programming lines as remap etc .. k line .. UDC..? not a user friendly like VCDS ..

Thanks @F-roger ....
So I notice the haldex is different and your not holding any rom dataset info, .rod file etc ... maybe the software of lead used ... what haldex genereation is it please ..? thank you

Thanks @F-roger ....
So I notice the haldex is different and your not holding any rom dataset info, .rod file etc ... maybe the software of lead used ... what haldex genereation is it please ..? thank you
The car itself in 2014, Haldex was installed on it from the factory (I think it's haldex5).

One of my friends installed all-wheel drive on the vw t5.1 Cfca, and he (in view of cutting off knowledge) bought dsg and Haldex from the 2018 car. We didn't have any problems with the connection, everything worked without any problems. There is only a slight difference in wire connection schemes.

I can conclude that the data in CAN from different versions of HALDEX is the same, and you can install any version

I also have a log file with vw t5.2 California, on which dsg +haldex was installed instead of a mechanical gearbox, there is a CCHA engine! I don't have all the details of that project, as the car was made in Kazakhstan (it's 3000 km from me) (I'll definitely post a log file a little later)

Hi,
I have same plans to rebuild my caravell from front wheel drive to 4 motion. And offcourse i have som concerns. Are driveshafts same size i men does driveshafts from 2wd is same size and i dont need to replace wheelhub?
I have got in touch with some company from Netherlands :Home and they claim that i can mount all mechanical parts and only buti Haldex module from them with wirind and no coding is needed at all, everything would work as OEM and i would have som additional funcions. Has anyone mounted one of thease?

Hi,
I have same plans to rebuild my caravell from front wheel drive to 4 motion. And offcourse i have som concerns. Are driveshafts same size i men does driveshafts from 2wd is same size and i dont need to replace wheelhub?
I have got in touch with some company from Netherlands :Home and they claim that i can mount all mechanical parts and only buti Haldex module from them with wirind and no coding is needed at all, everything would work as OEM and i would have som additional funcions. Has anyone mounted one of thease?
It all depends on what kind of car you have! Transmission? . Engine?

Sorry i have a 2016 carvell long 2.0d, it´s FWD manuall 5gears. I would like to build it over to to 6gears 4wd manuall. All that company says sounds really god, but it would be nice to hear some opinion from someone who have tired it :)

Sorry i have a 2016 carvell long 2.0d, it´s FWD manuall 5gears. I would like to build it over to to 6gears 4wd manuall. All that company says sounds really god, but it would be nice to hear some opinion from someone who have tired it :)
If I'm wrong, write to me! in order to remake your car, you need to replace: gearbox (6 speed 4-motion), front wheel drive shafts, flywheel, clutch, starter, engine mounts, exhaust system, handbrake cables, install rear gearbox (with subframe) install cardan shaft, install rear drive!

You will also have an interesting story with changing the power class of your Ecu, which will entail immo rebinding

it seems to me that I forgot to write that I will have to replace the gear selector along with the cables

the task is doable, but if you really want it, then you need to immediately do dsg + 4motion

in my location, such a procedure costs about 5800$

provided that a lot of work (expensive) I will do myself

Ohhh sh.... drive shafts was i expecting to change, but not the flywheel, starter, engine mounts, exhaust..... i would rely like to het DSG 4motion but that sounds eaven more dificoult for me, isn´t it ?
If i could get someone to do it for 5800$ i would be glad to pay it :) in my location only parts ( gearbox, rear gear, cardan, driveshafts ) cost´s aprox 3500$. If it realy takes to change cluch, flywheel, exhaust i might think about it. What does new gerbox have to do with cluch and flywheel ?

Ohhh sh.... drive shafts was i expecting to change, but not the flywheel, starter, engine mounts, exhaust..... i would rely like to het DSG 4motion but that sounds eaven more dificoult for me, isn´t it ?
If i could get someone to do it for 5800$ i would be glad to pay it :) in my location only parts ( gearbox, rear gear, cardan, driveshafts ) cost´s aprox 3500$. If it realy takes to change cluch, flywheel, exhaust i might think about it. What does new gerbox have to do with cluch and flywheel ?
the fact is that the 5 speed box is set to only 102 horsepower, the 6 speed box is set to 140 horsepower. it was because of the difference in horsepower that VAG engineers increased (changed) the flywheel and clutch! four-wheel drive was never set to 102 horsepower. after all the work, your car will be 140 forces

Yes you need to change the whole drivetrain….
Wiring is easy bit if you can do it
If you have a basic van … 102hp … 5 speed …??
basically don’t do it… buy a 4mo instead…
unless special exceptions warrant it like on mine… being…
a) Complete 4motion running gear is available and not worn out(mine held only 1488miles useage on all of it- eprom read stats)
b) Vehicle initially is worthy
c) You have time/money/resources
fortunately I did mine myself on my back so massive saving and I know it is done right.
I need to get my 140 caac engine tweaked, it doesn’t match the 204ps output(torque) per revs, so that enhances the dsg lag,
Probably going for a remap on engine soon, I cannot afford a dsg and ecu remap but that’s okay,
I put 700mls on it without a hitch or sniff of an issue, I will get some logs up for @mmi soon …. sorry buddy I been catching up on life

Yes you need to change the whole drivetrain….
Wiring is easy bit if you can do it
If you have a basic van … 102hp … 5 speed …??
basically don’t do it… buy a 4mo instead…
unless special exceptions warrant it like on mine… being…
a) Complete 4motion running gear is available and not worn out(mine held only 1488miles useage on all of it- eprom read stats)
b) Vehicle initially is worthy
c) You have time/money/resources
fortunately I did mine myself on my back so massive saving and I know it is done right.
I need to get my 140 caac engine tweaked, it doesn’t match the 204ps output(torque) per revs, so that enhances the dsg lag,
Probably going for a remap on engine soon, I cannot afford a dsg and ecu remap but that’s okay,
I put 700mls on it without a hitch or sniff of an issue, I will get some logs up for @mmi soon …. sorry buddy I been catching up on life
Sound advice!

…. @JOG ….. Indeed …. as I mentioned… not again … easy enough for me and the juice was worth the squeeze…
but for a service to the public … paid by the hour please

Hi,
I honestly doubt that no coding is required… ecu needs to know, abs/esp unit needs also to know it is now 4motion/awd …. read my post thoroughly and see where I tripped up, not knowing my parts donor vehicle info did hinder the upgrade, but all accomplished correctly.. good luck

Back