VW forgot to build my t6 with LED lights - what to do?

Thanks - spoke to the dealer and asked them not to fit. He was sure the ones from factory are different ones (no screws in bumper reqiured) to the VW parts dept. supplied ones (screws in bumpers).

OEM camera being fitted. Asked him to thoroughly check all through the order this time!

Why would you cancel the mud flaps?

Have you seen the rear factory flaps?
They're half way down the bumper, you need them directly behind the wheels otherwise half your bumper is going to be dirty and the other half relatively clean.
The shortie flaps fit directly behind the wheels.

I’m relieved to see people think standard lights are ok. I don’t intend doing a lot of night driving so didn’t order led lights and it’s been a worry.

Well I can report that I had my first accident in 30 years of driving. 4 days after getting the van.

An early start, bit of a damp foggy morning, Google maps throws me off a dual carriageway on to a country road on the way to location, I don’t see a traffic island that doesn’t have the usual bollard on it or any lighting.

I hit it square on at quite a slow speed and fortunately the van bounces on the standard suspension and is such a high ride height (standard) that the only damage is a small crack on the plastic undertray. It sounded awful in the van as it bounced but thankfully I got away with it.

Pretty sure LEDs would have let me see that - could have been a lot worse.

Glad you're OK, must have been a shock !

Reminds me of when I ended up front end in the air on a traffic island on the A23 at Norbury whilst going to a 'job' in the Stations T4 Police Van (ZY2)......the illuminated traffic bollard merrily sliding its way south towards Croydon in between the lanes of traffic.

I was going to say the same.
I'd cancel the mudflaps, get a refund and fit some aftermarket shortie flaps.
Couldn’t agree more, no damage to your rear bumper that way.

Oh - where would the drill holes show? Surely not anywhere visible externally?
The holes are visible as they are on the outside of the bumper just behind the rear wheels. PITA to get rid as they very obvious if you decide to remove them.

no it was absolutely unlawful - but I was late for work and slightly in shock at thinking I’d damaged the underside of the van so forgot to take pics and log where I was.
Understandable.

no it was absolutely unlawful - but I was late for work and slightly in shock at thinking I’d damaged the underside of the van so forgot to take pics and log where I was.
Sorry to hear of your misfortune @mrbump

You mention you were using Google Maps, check your map timeline here. That should show the route you took and will probably show you had stopped briefly.

An unmarked island is lethal, you may be compensated and may save someone else from a similar misfortune.......

That's pretty poor service. I get that you said LED's are essential, and Im not trying to be smart, but have you actually tried driving a T6.1 with standard lights at night? I bought a 21 plate T6.1 Highline last year and I find the standard T6.1 lights to be absolutely fine on unlit country roads. I sold an Audi A4 with LED lights to buy the T6.1 and I have Matrix auto LED lights on my other car, an ID.3, and I honestly don't have an issue with the T6.1 lights which I'm pretty sure are H7s. Might be worth asking the dealer for a loan of demo T6.1 and trying it before you decide.
You’re not driving fast enough or the Audi lights weren’t working/you’ve x Ray vision The standard lights are plain dangerous.
Not sure that's the majority view.
It’s not. The std lights are dangerous. Wouldn’t have another without LED’s, was in a std lit highline short term, and I can, without exaggeration ‘see’ how you could quite easily plow over an island with them. They’re worse than my bike lights!

Not sure that's the majority view.
It’s not. The std lights are dangerous. Wouldn’t have another without LED’s, was in a std lit highline short term, and I can, without exaggeration ‘see’ how you could quite easily plow over an island with them. They’re worse than my bike lights!
1683031560469.png

Back