VW forgot to build my t6 with LED lights - what to do?

Obviously, it's up to you, but I wouldn't be choosing any of those options until I'd had a damn good go at getting VWC to stump up some compo.
Who are VWC? How would I approach them would you suggest please?

Thanks for the advice

Who are VWC? How would I approach them would you suggest please?

Thanks for the advice
As @dubber36 says, it's VW's commercial vehicle arm. Your dealer should be able to help you start the ball rolling; failing that, look online for their contact details.

@mrbump I don't see why the dealers are backing out of re-ordering you the correct vehicle, they can sell the one that has been delivered at today's price without any problems making a profit out of that. Then priority re-order the correct one for you at your original agreed price as long as you are happy to wait longer for the vehicle.

I've been there with a MAN TGE this summer, MAN UK were happy to re-order with the correct spec. My only pain was waiting an extra three months for the correct vehicle to arrive which it has now.

What's happening to you is typical of VW dealers, that's one of the reasons that I have gone to MAN.

I think I’d be waiting another year and the price has gone up by about 10% or more

if it was another month or so I’d be happy to wait.

I think I’d be waiting another year and the price has gone up by about 10% or more

if it was another month or so I’d be happy to wait.
If it was the dealer's error I would be expecting a priority order and not pay a penny more than my original order. Did you have to sign off the changes in the original order? If so and you missed the error then the pain is yours, if they changed it without asking you to sign for the changes then it is theirs.

I had to double check the re-order of my TGE and sign to confirm that I was happy with all the details. All very professionally handled by the dealer.

Not my error no. I was asked to check the order and the LEDs are on there. I have the order with the LEDs on.

The dealer said it’s possible the van will turn up with LEDs but they’re not on the final invoice so this is very unlikely. Best case scenario is they were fitted but I’ve not been charged for them - it’s more likely I’ll be a late call up for the England squad.

I’ve been on a shoot all week so haven’t had time to consider this properly. Appreciate the comments.

I think I will speak to the dealer again and establish who’s fault this is - I suspect it’s actually the dealers error tbh.

Hazydays do the retrofit for £3k plus vat and the dealer said it was £4K at cost.

There’s a grand difference there to start with.

I will approach VWC and see what they say.

It is daft that the whole point of buying a new van is to get the spec you want.

I spoke to the dealer today and tried to pin down where the error occurred. It seems a mixture of errors - none of which are mine.

I said I‘m not looking to blame anyone but I need to get a van with VW LEDs fitted as per my order. I would therefore need to raise a complaint with VW.

The Dealer mentioned they would use someone like Hazydays to get the retrofit done rather than doing it themselves. I stated that they quote £3k plus vat and I am happy to pay the £1200 (or whatever it was) with VW making up the difference.

The dealer said he’d speak to his manager and later rang me back to say they have raised it with VW who agree it’s very unfortunate. The dealer is “pleading” with them to see what can be done.

I await their response.

I spoke to the dealer today and tried to pin down where the error occurred. It seems a mixture of errors - none of which are mine.

I said I‘m not looking to blame anyone but I need to get a van with VW LEDs fitted as per my order. I would therefore need to raise a complaint with VW.

The Dealer mentioned they would use someone like Hazydays to get the retrofit done rather than doing it themselves. I stated that they quote £3k plus vat and I am happy to pay the £1200 (or whatever it was) with VW making up the difference.

The dealer said he’d speak to his manager and later rang me back to say they have raised it with VW who agree it’s very unfortunate. The dealer is “pleading” with them to see what can be done.

I await their response.
Assuming it all goes the way you want it to. Make sure that VW take on responsibility for the retrofit & it’s covered under warranty.

I await their response.
Your offer is eminently equitable, so let's hope VW agree to it.

if he gets the dealer to pay 1800 to retrofit LED it will be already a miracle. I would not push too hard asking warranty on LED…
Probably worth use the warranty of the retrofitting company and after a couple of year take the all inclusive maintenance pack from VW?

If they dont agree instead of pushing for cash ask for the parts, this will hurt them less and you can arrange to get the stuff fitted yourself with the budget your willing to spend

When my wife ordered one of the kombi vans it was the same old story no LED lights and other little things that were very annoying. She walked away and left it. She went to another vw dealership. It’s still getting sorted with legal advice and stuff as the dealer she went with the initial order.. good luck with your van / order.

Just spoke to the dealer. It seems a miracle has happened. They’ve agreed to take £3000 off the invoice so I can get them retro-fitted myself.

He’s sending the invoice over now and apparently the van has turned up this morning.

Wow!
Pleased for you @mrbump. :thumbsup:

Just spoke to the dealer. It seems a miracle has happened. They’ve agreed to take £3000 off the invoice so I can get them retro-fitted myself.

He’s sending the invoice over now and apparently the van has turned up this morning.

Wow!

That’s great news!

Don’t forget to shop around for quotes as there are a couple of retrofit companies in and around London as well as further afield.

Back