VW forgot to build my t6 with LED lights - what to do?

Great result.

Now the question is do you get them retro fitted, or spend a fraction of the money saved on a set of THQ fake LEDs instead?

I’ll get them fitted - but it’s a world of difference ticking a £1200 option on an order than it is paying £3000!

I’ll get them fitted - but it’s a world of difference ticking a £1200 option on an order than it is paying £3000!
The £1200 factory option is only the difference between fitting standard & LED. When you think about it, the £3000 aftermarket price is the cost of 2 sets, the OEM & the Aftermarket. I.e if you pay £3000, you’ll actually have 2 sets of lights, whereas if you’d paid £1200, you’d only have one set of lights. That’s why factory options are often much cheaper than aftermarket.

The £1200 factory option is only the difference between fitting standard & LED. When you think about it, the £3000 aftermarket price is the cost of 2 sets, the OEM & the Aftermarket. I.e if you pay £3000, you’ll actually have 2 sets of lights, whereas if you’d paid £1200, you’d only have one set of lights. That’s why factory options are often much cheaper than aftermarket.
Well yes, but I think it’s more to do with it being installed by the factory once so you avoid 6 hours labour swapping sets of lights over. The cost of parts to the VW factory will presumably be very low, and far more expensive elsewhere.

Well yes, but I think it’s more to do with it being installed by the factory once so you avoid 6 hours labour swapping sets of lights over. The cost of parts to the VW factory will presumably be very low, and far more expensive elsewhere.
Exactly. What lights did it come with, H7?

Paid for the van, went to pick it up yesterday but unfortunately the van had no mud flaps or reversing camera. They hadn’t fallen off the build order like the LED lights had - so I paid for them, but they just weren’t on the van.

So I went home again!

One day…

Paid for the van, went to pick it up yesterday but unfortunately the van had no mud flaps or reversing camera. They hadn’t fallen off the build order like the LED lights had - so I paid for them, but they just weren’t on the van.

So I went home again!

One day…
I worry about things like this, because my van is due to be delivered directly to the convertor and the dealer is 4 hours away from me. I've asked the dealer for a video handover, but it's not the same.

I would ask the dealer to go through the order checklist and confirm all ordered options are present.

In some good news the extended bulkhead was fitted and gave me enough leg room compared to the standard one - which was something of a relief having never tried one before.

So I went home again!

One day…
make sure they fit OEM camera, I asked for reverse camera to be fitted when I bought my van (was approved used not new) and they fitted an aftermarket camera with rear view mirror overlay screen which is not as nice as the OEM.

Also the dealer will drill your rear bumper to install the mudflaps, nothing wrong with that but just to let you know!
Glad your getting it sorted and look forward to your new van pics!

make sure they fit OEM camera, I asked for reverse camera to be fitted when I bought my van (was approved used not new) and they fitted an aftermarket camera with rear view mirror overlay screen which is not as nice as the OEM.

Also the dealer will drill your rear bumper to install the mudflaps, nothing wrong with that but just to let you know!
Glad your getting it sorted and look forward to your new van pics!
Thanks for the advice - and thanks to all others too

Why would you cancel the mud flaps?

Is there a problem with drilling the bumper or is that not how it would have been fitted from factory?

Why would you cancel the mud flaps?

Is there a problem with drilling the bumper or is that not how it would have been fitted from factory?
I think they are pretty unsightly and they make a minimal difference to keeping the rear clean.

Once fitted by drilling the bumper, there is no going back if you decide you don't like them.

I think they are pretty unsightly and they make a minimal difference to keeping the rear clean.

Once fitted by drilling the bumper, there is no going back if you decide you don't like them.

Oh - where would the drill holes show? Surely not anywhere visible externally?

Back