VW closes T6.1 order book today (3/3/23) !!!! - T7 Next? or T8?

Seems that Ford are finally owning up to issues with their wet belt engines...

I hate that back window.
The front I could get used to.
But just don’t like the back end at all.
Lost all Transporter individuality.
Looks much the same as all the other vans on the market.
I don’t think it will do much for the cult following which is really where the premium price comes from.

I hate that back window.
The front I could get used to.
But just don’t like the back end at all.
Lost all Transporter individuality.
Looks much the same as all the other vans on the market.
I don’t think it will do much for the cult following which is really where the premium price comes from.
The premium price of the current VW offering certainly doesn’t come from the DMF, the suspension components or the ad-blue system!
Maybe we’ll see better value and a focus on customer service now the competition is closer?

What about the flywheel, the AdBlue/EGR, suspension… can’t be any worse than they are now?
Plus VWUK want the cam belt changing based on time anyway currently. And if the auxiliary belt goes it takes out the cam belt…
And that’s after you pay the premium for the badge!

Last edited:
I've ordered the EV transit MSRT. Fed up of waiting for a faster ID buzz cargo if ever there would be one. Plus I like the big ghay wing and muchos power the msrt has.

I can't see the phev been any good. Underpowered petrol on an atkinsons cycle and all ran through a CVT gearbox. I hate CVTs.
Plus you'd want to use the battery as much as possible to keep costs cheap, charging it to 100% and draining it completely, it will degrade quickly over a few years doing that. All PHEVs have that issue. I'll give it a test drive when they arrive however.
With a BEV you can keep close to the 80/20 charge rule and reduce degradation a huge amount if you don't need the full range.

Last edited:
Finally got a test drive in the new custom. Obviously better than the older one. more refined, less cabin noise, more tech ect but I can’t see VW making that much of a difference to it tbh. One thing that got me thinking was that Vw always had better paint quality than ford, because ford builds it all now with there components, wonder do they paint the VW ones. Cause the black custom I seen was a typical ford finish.

Reactions: CAB
Finally got a test drive in the new custom. Obviously better than the older one. more refined, less cabin noise, more tech ect but I can’t see VW making that much of a difference to it tbh. One thing that got me thinking was that Vw always had better paint quality than ford, because ford builds it all now with there components, wonder do they paint the VW ones. Cause the black custom I seen was a typical ford finish.
I guess mine might be an outlier but the paint on my T6 is shite, very thin and not anywhere near as good as the other cars in our household, BMW, Nissan, Volvo.

I guess mine might be an outlier but the paint on my T6 is shite, very thin and not anywhere near as good as the other cars in our household, BMW, Nissan, Volvo.
Also crap on mine.

I'll be replacing it in a couple of years when it's 10 years old. Likely with a V class.

...because ford builds it all now with there components, wonder do they paint the VW ones. Cause the black custom I seen was a typical ford finish.
All the press releases say it's engineered and built by Ford in their Turkish factory. As the VW badged versions will be going down the same line it's safe to assume paint will be applied to the van bodies in the paint booths by Ford robots.

Back