VCDS - Disable warning light for DRL

Glenn Board

VIP Member
T6 Pro
hi, I have fitted LED Driving light bulbs to my T6, does anybody know the location of the code to disable the warning for this using VCDS please

You're a VIP member - the file of the VCDS changes is in that area. Strangely enough, you turn the dipped bulb warning on to lose the warning symbol.

Hijacking this thread a little. Is there a warning light that is supposed to light up on the dash when your lights are actually on? My lights are set to automatic, in lit areas I am unsure as to whether or not my lights have come on.

No there isnt you can only tell by looking at your dash buttons (which light up red) or looking at the lightswitch to see if the outer ring is illuminated
Bit of a design flaw i think

@Pauly a bit off theme but Is there a way to turn off the active dash/self dimming dash off, is there any hidden modules or menus in vcds, I just want to turn on side lights and have lights in the dash.

hi, I have fitted LED Driving light bulbs to my T6, does anybody know the location of the code to disable the warning for this using VCDS please

If you mean fog lights when you say driving lights, have a look at the below thread, helped me out no end :thumbsup:
VCDS help

Hi, in VCDS does anybody know how to disable the bulb warning as fitted led and it now stays on, so would just like to disable if possible please?

Hi, in VCDS does anybody know how to disable the bulb warning as fitted led and it now stays on, so would just like to disable if possible please?
Did you check if @andys post at VCDS codes list does the trick?

Central electrics control unit:
Byte 16 Bit 6 Lamp Diagnostics for (Separate) Daytime Running Lights (DRL) active

I have been doing a bit of digging into turning off lamp warnings and I’m not sure it’s possible
You can disable the setting in VCDS and this turns off the’cold’ or ‘startup’ lamp check but if my understanding is correct it implies you cannot turn off the ‘hot’ or the ‘running’ lamp check which occurs when you are driving or when the lamp is used (turned on/off)
I haven’t confirmed this yet but know it was true on other vehicles pre MQB platform so I am assuming it’s carried over

Reactions: mmi
I have been doing a bit of digging into turning off lamp warnings and I’m not sure it’s possible
You can disable the setting in VCDS and this turns off the’cold’ or ‘startup’ lamp check but if my understanding is correct it implies you cannot turn off the ‘hot’ or the ‘running’ lamp check which occurs when you are driving or when the lamp is used (turned on/off)
I haven’t confirmed this yet but know it was true on other vehicles pre MQB platform so I am assuming it’s carried over
Thanks Paul, I think you are right, I might stick originals back soon. Have you any idea of any good upgrade bulbs for the driving lights, I seen the Philips 130, but I haven’t had good reports on the difference being that great, I use to put in 100w bulbs on older cars, but worry if they might be too hot for the plastics lens, what do you think?

I used Phillips Racing 150% (100% being standard bulb so only 50% brighter) which make an improvement. Also had dip beam position adjusted as it was too far to the left.

Wouldn't it be better to find LED DRL bulbs that don't trigger the warnings rather than disable them? Mine work fine with no errors and I'd rather have the warnings working.

I used Phillips Racing 150% (100% being standard bulb so only 50% brighter) which make an improvement. Also had dip beam position adjusted as it was too far to the left.
The perils of an uneducated marketing dept. They were at one point advertising these as "150% brighter", which would be two and a half times the light output!

Wouldn't it be better to find LED DRL bulbs that don't trigger the warnings rather than disable them? Mine work fine with no errors and I'd rather have the warnings working.
Yes, it would, can you suggest some please?

These are the ones I have. No errors and no signs of heat damage CICMOD 2pcs 1000 lumens 1156 BA15S P21W 4014 45pcs Chipsets LED Bulbs For Turn Signal Backup Reverse Lights, Xenon White 6000K https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LCN5Z0I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_rsMPAb8JVS2GZ
These are the ones I have. No errors and no signs of heat damage CICMOD 2pcs 1000 lumens 1156 BA15S P21W 4014 45pcs Chipsets LED Bulbs For Turn Signal Backup Reverse Lights, Xenon White 6000K https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LCN5Z0I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_rsMPAb8JVS2GZ
Thanks, i have orders some. Now any idea of any bulbs for the headlights, LED preffered?

Back