VCDS - Disable warning light for DRL

I've looked at LED headlight bulbs but found a couple of issues other than not being road legal.
Needs a Cambus adapter (one for each bulb), extra wiring/plugs and where to put it. No room inside headlight unit which would mean cutting a hole for the cable to come out and back in with sealing problems.
Bulbs have cooling fans built into the rear which I reckon would press on the rubber boot that keeps water/moisture out. This would restrict or block the air cooling fan and may burn the rubber boot or cause rapid LED bulb failure due to overheating.
Headlight bulb types are going to be checked during MOT and no reason to exclude road side checks in future.

Thanks, I will knock that idea on the head then! I live abroad and drive a lot on remote roads so looking to get brighter headlights, so they could go over UK legal limit, maybe increase to 100w, but just worried that they might damage the headlight lens by being too hot, any idea?

LED light bars seem a good addition but again road legal use is a question.
For pure mainbeam use the old time proven use of driving lights as an addition would keep everything legal. Correctly wired no problems should be found with the Canbus and LED bulbs could be fitted. Hella are getting into this area.
An alternative light could be a pair of these HELLA worklight Module 70 LED Generation III for long-range illumination.

I drove a friend van with the lighter on the roof, it made a horrible whistle noise, so will keep clear of that!

Added these led bulbs as recommended and the warning light has disappeared, excellent thanks. Now looking to add some led spot lights, anybody done this and what brackets did you use ?

Back