Another bulb out warning thread…

stupot

VIP Member
T6 Pro
‘67 plate Highline 204 DSG 4motion
I’ve looked around the forum and I can’t find the answer to this conundrum…
Bulb out warning is coming on intermittently, no bulbs are out (yep I’ve checked number plates, brake lights and indicators). Doesn’t seem to be a pattern of when it’s on/off (tried with auto lights and manual).
H7 headlights but the revised ones so not the old crappy DRL bulb holder.
No LED bulbs, all halogens. Although the number plate lights look a bit like they might be LED, is that standard?
I have a Westfalia removeable towbar but confident that’s ok as it was fitted by @Absolut5
Any ideas welcome, I’ve got All In warranty but pretty sure this’ll never get sorted under that

@stupot
It sounds like it could be the LED number plate lights that are causing the issue.

I had the same problem which was caused by me upgrading the front fog light bulbs to LED (even though when I bought them I was told by the supplying company this would not be an issue).

I removed them yesterday and replaced with the std bulbs, and it now appears to have solved the issue.

I did wonder about that but they’ve been fine for 5 months with no warnings… so seems odd it’s just started happening

I did wonder about that but they’ve been fine for 5 months with no warnings… so seems odd it’s just started happening
Check your fog lights to see if they are full of water, common fault with the lens sealing.

They aren’t BUT blow me, never thought to look, they have LEDs in them! That’ll be it I reckon! Thanks for the nudge

They aren’t BUT blow me, never thought to look, they have LEDs in them! That’ll be it I reckon! Thanks for the nudge
Maybe, I also have bulb out warning after dark, had it for years now. I spent a few hours trying to find the cause, I have made modifications but I think it’s a combination rather than a single cause.
Either way I just ignore it, it still gives me a bulb out warning in daylight so better than coding it out.

Back