Illuminated bulb warning

Macmain12

VCDS User | 2016 Caravelle Executive
VIP Member
Hi

Another small issue has arisen, im getting the bulb warning light, and the passenger side indicator is clicking fast, but yet there are no bulbs out,

does this require plugging in VCDS, would this help to find these types of Faults. i have been toying with the idea of getting a New VCDS.. not second Hand.

I've took the plunge and purchased the VCDS unit from GenDan lets just say i had a few faults, but with my lack of Knowledge on VCDS it was probably missed,
I have cleared all faults and will look at it again once my wife has had a drive today as it was late last night. im sure there will be other posts with faults that i have found not relating to this post

Yes there is a towbar fitted,

Address 69: Trailer (J345) Labels:. 1K0-907-383-V2.clb
Part No SW: 1K0 907 383 F HW: 1K0 907 383 F
Component: ConWysTrailer H07 0100
Revision: 3A001001 Serial number: 00000132425721
Coding: 0100000100000000
Shop #: WSC 00007 223 174336

No fault code found.

Does that help??

Had similar issue with mine. No bulbs out but getting warning. Try unplugging the towbar module. Also check if the rear parking display on radio unit is showing a trailer attached when it's not.

Thanks, I didnt know it showed a trailer attached , were abouts is this usually.

when you say module , is that in VCDS or physically, back of the tow bar??

How did you remedy it.. was it a replacement unit?

Thanks, I didnt know it showed a trailer attached , were abouts is this usually.

when you say module , is that in VCDS or physically, back of the tow bar??

How did you remedy it.. was it a replacement unit?
What head unit do you have? Do you have rear parking sensors? Will show up on your head unit display when in reverse. Need to find your towbar module (small box). Was it factory fit or after market? Factory I think is under the drivers seat? After market could be anywhere but more than likely close to the main battery.

The other think to check is rear number plate lights, look up and make sure they are on.

Put it in reverse and see if it shows a trailer connected. Rear sensors won't work if it thinks there is something plugged in the towbar.

Back