VCDS - Auto lock/unlock not working (SOLVED)

abunnyuk

Bunny
VIP Member
T6 Pro
I've enabled both the auto lock and unlock adaptations on my T6 LWB Shuttle with a genuine VCDS HEX-2 but neither of them are working.

auto-lock.pngauto-unlock.png

I've also verified in long coding that the change was made:

09-0.png

Other changes such as big MPH, needle sweep, and parking sensor volume have applied successfully and the features work so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Any and all suggestions would be very welcome.

Thanks,
Bunny

Last edited:
T6 or T6.1 @abunnyuk I know some coding on T6.1 requires vcds to connect to a module when service mode is active ( bonnet open) had it the other day when I was coding the rear fader in using long coding.

Also sometimes you need to turn the vehicle off for 30 seconds or so let the modules a hut off properly for things to take effect.

No error codes? Nothing saying module coded incorrectly?

Have you locked van and left it for a bit ?
Sometimes changes dont always take immediate effect and need to sleep and wake to become active

Have you locked van and left it for a bit ?
Sometimes changes dont always take immediate effect and need to sleep and wake to become active
I made the change yesterday evening and left it locked overnight, hoping that the module needed to sleep/wake, but unfortunately it's still the same today.

T6 or T6.1 @abunnyuk I know some coding on T6.1 requires vcds to connect to a module when service mode is active ( bonnet open) had it the other day when I was coding the rear fader in using long coding.

Also sometimes you need to turn the vehicle off for 30 seconds or so let the modules a hut off properly for things to take effect.

No error codes? Nothing saying module coded incorrectly?
It's a T6 LWB Shuttle and I can connect to the module and make the change, so I'm not sure it's quite the same problem but glad to hear you found a solution to your problem.

Carista offers two methods to do it through their interface, not 100% what the difference is but always assumed one was coding (the normal way to do it) and the other was adaptions ?
Perhaps try resetting the adaption channels let it 'sleep' then try coding it in ?

Reactions: mmi
So there's no errors?

What speed it lock set to? Have you tried driving manually locking the van via the button inside once your driving and then seeing if auto unlock works when you remove the key?

Just thinking auto lock won't work if it doesn't see the lock cycle in the first place

Carista offers two methods to do it through their interface, not 100% what the difference is but always assumed one was coding (the normal way to do it) and the other was adaptions ?
Perhaps try resetting the adaption channels let it 'sleep' then try coding it in ?
This is actually a good idea. I think I'll reset the adaptations, leave it overnight, then set it again via long coding. Worth a shot!

So there's no errors?

What speed it lock set to? Have you tried driving manually locking the van via the button inside once your driving and then seeing if auto unlock works when you remove the key?

Just thinking auto lock won't work if it doesn't see the lock cycle in the first place
No errors and I don't think that the speed is adjustable with my understanding being it's hard coded to 15kmh/10mph.

I also already tried your suggestion of locking it to see if auto unlock was at least working but no joy.

Suggestions are very welcome so please keep them coming :)

Have a read here:

I don't know exactly which did it, but either disconnecting the battery (which I did today for DC-to-DC charger install) or disabling/enabling both features in long coding whilst having the bonnet open did the trick.

Thank you to everyone for their help as I was truly at a loss.

I don't know exactly which did it, but either disconnecting the battery (which I did today for DC-to-DC charger install) or disabling/enabling both features in long coding whilst having the bonnet open did the trick.

Thank you to everyone for their help as I was truly at a loss.
Had the same issue and used your solution. Disable/enable both features in long coding whilst having the bonnet open. Disconnecting the battery wasn't required. Thanks for your post, never would have worked it out myself. Using the adaption route doesn't work which is weird.

Back