T6.1 VCDS tweaks that work

mrmortar

Hello All,

I don't know how many people have dabbled with VCDS on the new newer vans but I've been able to get the following tweaks working on my van.

Auto folder mirrors - when i press my key fob once the mirrors now automatically fold in.
(There's a function that looks like it may support unfold on unlock but not tested that yet)

Acoustics when locking/unlocking - when i press the button the remote van makes a gentle single chirp or double chirp to signal whether its locking or unlocking.

Door mirror lowering on reverse - i have enabled this function and also so it shows in the menu system but as of yet I've not tested it as I recall on the Golf it was a bit fiddly to setup.

Sadly I've not been able to get start/stop to turn off. I tried the suggested method to increase start/stop voltage limit to 12.1v but that makes no difference on this van. All other settings related to start/stop if disabled just re-enable themselves when the ignition is cycled... guess VW don't want people fiddling with them!

Apart from that there doesn't seem like much else that's worth tweaking at this time. I did toy with the idea of adjusting the period of time the heated front screen comes on for but figured its best left alone as mine seems to stop once its only started working.

First one is documented on here already.
Second is illegal in UK.
Third might be interesting if you get it to work.

Thanks for the feedback.

Second is illegal in UK.

I wasn't aware it was illegal in the UK, i've had it like this on different VAG vehicles for years, passed MOT's etc with no issue.
It's quite muted to be honest, unlike some i've heard that sounds the siren when doing this.

Last edited:
Could some one tell me what VCDS is ??
Prolly some computer jargon I guess !!
I worked in telecommunications for 30 odd years and there was a myriad of TLA,s very irritating it was too !!
Thanks in advance

Back