Central locking not working via interior door switch. Locks but immediately unlocks!?

thommo2408

VIP Member
Hi all,

New to VW and hoping for some help!
I have a T6 startline 2017 panel van that I am starting to convert!

The auto locking function doesn't work when pulling off. Also, the interior drivers door switch locks the doors when pressed but immediately unlocks them??
Both front doors and tailgate lock via the remote but the sliding door doesn't, this has to be locked via the key in the barrel. Could this be preventing the system locking?
All door switched are registering through VCDS when its plugged in and are visible on the MFD screen.

I hope I have provided as much info as possible and that somebody has had a similar issue and can point me in some direction.

Thanks in advance,
Sean

Autolock has to be activated in the options (using VCDS, OBD11 etc). Apologies if thats obvious and you've already checked its ticked.

Cant help on the other issues sorry

Id guess the microswitch in the sliding door is faulty/failing, the van needs the return signal from the door to know its locked
Not heard of it in rear doors before but have with the fronts

My 22-plate is switched to auto lock, but rarely does...seems to do it sometimes, but more than often doesn't!
Not tried investigating further yet...unless I'm missing something else I need to do to make it work apart from switching it on on the display??

Thanks for the replies! My issue is more with not being able to lock using the internal switch, I only mentioned the auto lock not working incase it was linked.

I will give @Pauly ‘s idea a looking at! Although I’m not convinced the locking mechanism is actuating or even attempting to when the central locking is activated using the internal switch or key fob!
So I’m assuming that ties in with the idea of no return signal?

Looks like I’m on the hunt for wiring diagrams now!

Back