VB Air Suspension - Let's Discuss...

I don't think VB(UK) will be impressed with their approved dealer/fitter sending out a completed install without a full testing and commissioning; unless it's the 1 in a 1000 that goes wrong virtually straight away.
VB are a top notch company, I'm sure they'll sort it for you, even if your dealer can't.

Reactions: Eli
[QUOTE="Markymark, post: 217545, member:I mentioned the creaking. They said it was the hand brake cable and to try levelling with the brake off.
[/QUOTE]
I level our with the handbrake off & in neutral. Just a light foot on the brake to stop it rolling. Put the handbrake on when it’s levelled.

Currently sat in A&E Leisure showroom getting it recalibrated :thumbsdown:

So after an hour sat in the shop, “Air” is all sorted now. Turns out they forgot to press “save” after the data was entered. Next stop is to make it go lower :eek:

I would be cautious with that trick as the lower the van goes the softer the spring rate ( Of the air bag ) gets , Low van , soft spring is a recipe for a very trashy ride I would talk the tech people at VB before doing this .

I would be cautious with that trick as the lower the van goes the softer the spring rate ( Of the air bag ) gets , Low van , soft spring is a recipe for a very trashy ride I would talk the tech people at VB before doing this .

VB or their installers definitely don’t allow going lower than their standard presets.

So since having VB air fitted and having to go back with 48 hrs to have it recalibrated, my tracking is out as it wants to climb up the pavement. Went to the local Hunter Alignment and they said it’s with tolerances. We emptied all the air out and took measurements....... every measurement was different with the front left being significantly lower than the rest? So phone call to VB UK tomorrow to see if anyone can sort this otherwise it’s all coming of and the OEM suspension we be back on. Can’t say VB is one of my best purchases :mad:

oh dear Eli not good, mine was fitted in 2014 and all is fine serviced in 2017 ready again i suppose..
i dont understand why all measurements are different thou wen all air is out, bad fitting is unusual on such expensive gear..
good luck

oh dear Eli not good, mine was fitted in 2014 and all is fine serviced in 2017 ready again i suppose..
i dont understand why all measurements are different thou wen all air is out, bad fitting is unusual on such expensive gear..
good luck
I spoke to VB UK before I had it fitted and they told me all the software is pre loaded with all the measures from VW before despatch so the dealer just fits the kit. The dealer wanted to take measurements before fitting, the kit which means the dealer must be able to override the software albeit wrong

interesting ...
i know the adjustable height sensing rods are not set on the ones i bought for my A8 and i got different heights at first..
i cant see the VB ones being factory set either, or maybe yours are not threaded for fine adjustment..
i wonder if they are setting it up on a perfectly level floor ?
if mine ever goes wrong its getting B14,s fitted

So since having VB air fitted and having to go back with 48 hrs to have it recalibrated, my tracking is out as it wants to climb up the pavement. Went to the local Hunter Alignment and they said it’s with tolerances. We emptied all the air out and took measurements....... every measurement was different with the front left being significantly lower than the rest? So phone call to VB UK tomorrow to see if anyone can sort this otherwise it’s all coming of and the OEM suspension we be back on. Can’t say VB is one of my best purchases :mad:
Interested to know why you would want measurements with all the air out , the van cant be used at thet level ??

Interested to know why you would want measurements with all the air out , the van cant be used at thet level ??
Surely if the suspension is at its lowest then it would be down to a fitting issue as all the measurements would/should be the same. VB UK have already said all the measurements are pre loaded so why would the dealer need to override them wether the workshop floor was level or not
Edit- even with the suspension is up, it still has the same measurement difference between all corners. Lowering it was to check

Surely if the suspension is at its lowest then it would be down to a fitting issue as all the measurements would/should be the same. VB UK have already said all the measurements are pre loaded so why would the dealer need to override them wether the workshop floor was level or not
Edit- even with the suspension is up, it still has the same measurement difference between all corners. Lowering it was to check
No definitely nothing to do with fitting when the suspension is lowered too far ( regardless of product used ) owners have big problems with alignment , the castor , Camber and tow change. Tow in and toe out these setting change so bad that adjustment alone cant get them back in order
If you follow a Transporter that has been slammed you can actually see the rear wheels towing in . tyre wear from this obviously . the front tow can be adjusted back to normal but every time the vehicle goes over a bump you will get BUMP steer as the alignment is constantly changing .

No definitely nothing to do with fitting when the suspension is lowered too far ( regardless of product used ) owners have big problems with alignment , the castor , Camber and tow change. Tow in and toe out these setting change so bad that adjustment alone cant get them back in order
If you follow a Transporter that has been slammed you can actually see the rear wheels towing in . tyre wear from this obviously . the front tow can be adjusted back to normal but every time the vehicle goes over a bump you will get BUMP steer as the alignment is constantly changing .
So are you suggesting the tracking can never be corrected on any product apart from OEM suspension

Back