VB Air Suspension - Let's Discuss...

I had mine done at Rosmia as well and handover can definitely be improved. I think I had a technician hand it over as he raced through the whole process and he too forgot to mention having the handbrake off for auto-levelling and completely forgot to mention the manual system under the bonnet.

It was only when they rang me the next day to ask how everything was that I mentioned the creaking sound on auto level that he explained about the handbrake. I also had to ask him about the manual valves.

Having said that the installation is great. Drove over to the Bucks, Beds and Herts meet the other Sunday and the drive is much improved.

Ours is another Rosmia installation but was arranged through our converter when we bought the van. Consequently we had no specific handover. We therefore called in at Rosmia a few weeks later and they gave us time to answer our specific questions about functionality and maintenance.

So after 2 hours getting my tracking looked at by another "Hunter" tracking company the end result was they couldn't track it but there explanation was "There is no resistance in the steering due to not having coils springs" this seems feasible as the steering is very light to steer. So my dilemma now is does the VB Air come off and go down the coil over route or keep the air and misalign the tracking so it drives in a straight line

If the steering is light it means the rake of the car isn't correct , Have you a side on view of the car at normal riding height? , Air or springs wont make any difference to so the alignment personnel are clutching at straws !!!

If the vehicle is the correct height then the force from the Air bag on the top bearing joint will be exactly the same as the Coil spring . it has to be . The Van isn't floating is it ??

If the steering is light it means the rake of the car isn't correct , Have you a side on view of the car at normal riding height? , Air or springs wont make any difference to so the alignment personnel are clutching at straws !!!

If the vehicle is the correct height then the force from the Air bag on the top bearing joint will be exactly the same as the Coil spring . it has to be . The Van isn't floating is it ??
The measurements are exactly the same as when It was on springs, the steering feels a lot lighter and when you let go of the steering wheel it pulls quickly to the left, you have to physically steer the van to make it go straight

The measurements are exactly the same as when It was on springs, the steering feels a lot lighter and when you let go of the steering wheel it pulls quickly to the left, you have to physically steer the van to make it go straight
If you haven't already contact VB direct - they seem like good guys!

Spoke to Grav a few weeks ago and never got any positive response
hmmm, I do not get it. I would be tempted to post him a link to his forum post and say that this issue has got a lot of people scratching there heads... As an upcoming (imminently) customer of VB this is some what concerning...

It certainly does seen like a wheel alignment issue , But I an confused as to why a shock / spring or Shock / bag change could cause this . its normally changes in ride height that cause the alignment issue but I assume this kit isn't designed to be driven LOW ?

It certainly does seen like a wheel alignment issue , But I an confused as to why a shock / spring or Shock / bag change could cause this . its normally changes in ride height that cause the alignment issue but I assume this kit isn't designed to be driven LOW ?
The ride height on air is the same as the springs, which is the confusing bit. When it was dropped off to have the air fitted the steering was perfect, and now its not. and this has been the problem from day one of having it fitted. I have had 4 calibrations and 3 wheel alignments. I have been in touch with the fitters to take the kit off and have my springs put back on

The ride height on air is the same as the springs, which is the confusing bit. When it was dropped off to have the air fitted the steering was perfect, and now its not. and this has been the problem from day one of having it fitted. I have had 4 calibrations and 3 wheel alignments. I have been in touch with the fitters to take the kit off and have my springs put back on
Very disappointing! Sorry that you have had all this trouble!! Will you try and get a refund - if they agree there is an issue?

Very disappointing! Sorry that you have had all this trouble!! Will you try and get a refund - if they agree there is an issue?
I will be getting a full refund as I have had this problem from day one. Its a shame as I think it could be a really good piece kit but after so many issues it taken the shine off even buying the California. In hind sight I should of just gone for a better suspension (B14's etc) and used ramps I have to level the Cali which is what I did with the Caravelle

I will be getting a full refund as I have had this problem from day one. Its a shame as I think it could be a really good piece kit but after so many issues it taken the shine off even buying the California. In hind sight I should of just gone for a better suspension (B14's etc) and used ramps I have to level the Cali which is what I did with the Caravelle
I know its left a bad taste, but on the bright side you have a solution and and B14s are good from what i have seen on here. I am probably still going to give VB a go, but will defo pay on the credit card for it for some extra protection!

I know its left a bad taste, but on the bright side you have a solution and and B14s are good from what i have seen on here. I am probably still going to give VB a go, but will defo pay on the credit card for it for some extra protection!
I paid on my credit card :thumbsup:

I am still very puzzled as to the reason the alignment is a problem when you only changed shocks ??
I have never seen such a thing and I have lowered thousands of vehicles and many transporters //

Also if you do decide to go back to conventional Suspension the New KONI height adjust kit is a better offering than B 14 because it has damping adjustability as well as height and same price .

Reactions: Eli
Hi, do any of you vb owners know if the system compensates for changes such as when cornering.
Does it do the same as the airlift system and constantly adjust the bag pressure depending on the roll of the van.
I think airlift describe it as anti cross loading and axel equalization.

Also when its VW approved.
If theres a fault with say the compressor or management.
Is it vb who have to honer that or do VW.

I have a friend looking at air options.

I cant fault my van on airlift 3h and abp so far.
But the vb also seems a popular option worth considering.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi, do any of you vb owners know if the system compensates for changes such as when cornering.
Does it do the same as the airlift system and constantly adjust the bag pressure depending on the roll of the van.
I think airlift describe it as anti cross loading and axel equalization.

Also when its VW approved.
If theres a fault with say the compressor or management.
Is it vb who have to honer that or do VW.

I have a friend looking at air options.

I cant fault my van on airlift 3h and abp so far.
But the vb also seems a popular option worth considering.

Cheers
Hi @Timr,

I'd give VB Air UK a shout with those questions and get the information straight from the horses mouth ( and then of course update here :) )

CZ.

what's setting was being used on the hunters, can you post a copy of the alignment record?

Back