VB Air Suspension - Let's Discuss...

I guess moderate changes will be ok , its a suck it and see scenario. If I recall the A8 Audis lower them selves at hi speed so I guess on those cars it can work , also we do a Kit that replaces the Air control module and sets the car lower . I also think the Audi Air struts have a protective metal sleeve over the air bag ? not sure if that helps this scenario

Good piont CP ,, one can always try and then re-adjust back to were it was..
but i use these lowering rods on my Audi A8 which has air bags as standard and its perfect..
i also have lowered my Caravelle VB air about 15mm on the front because it just didnt look right, to no adverse effect..
Do you have any images of the rods on your Caravelle?

no, but i will get a pic if i can weathers bad at mo , and im 65 probably not get back up again ! lol

Reactions: Eli
Van went in yesterday to have vb air fitted. They asked if I wanted the old suspension. Being a thrifty soul I sort of think I should but don’t really have anywhere to store it so I think I’ll just leave it with them. Don’t have to decide till Thursday.

They asked if I wanted the old suspension. Being a thrifty soul I sort of think I should but don’t really have anywhere to store it

We took possession of ours and sold it because we don’t plan to retrofit. It didn’t contribute much to the VB cost, but every little helps as they say.

Van went in yesterday to have vb air fitted. They asked if I wanted the old suspension. Being a thrifty soul I sort of think I should but don’t really have anywhere to store it so I think I’ll just leave it with them. Don’t have to decide till Thursday.
Look forward to your report on the VB

Well after 2 1/2 days fitting and £5000 I have to say what a result...........it’s the biggest con going. I had all the “add on’s” and the self levelling is a joke.... there is none. So pending the fitters response, they can have it all back and I’ll go to B14’s and some levelling ramps
6AD440DD-8F8F-421F-9EEB-56897A3B45D8.jpeg 0A434379-69B3-4566-B31B-6C0341C09D99.jpeg B4C6086F-FA8A-454B-8809-5074D282B3F6.jpeg 4B9A8A9A-009A-4A62-A025-FD67A9D41DEC.jpeg 4EA513D2-53DC-4AAE-81FA-5B994AF1E3A2.jpeg FDA4AB10-364F-41F8-AD9D-839ECA3CB43A.jpeg 55FF652A-CBBB-4D30-A79B-535E7A975A71.jpeg 479843FF-AC84-4009-85A5-20B4D0B8C0B0.jpeg

EF693CB4-80C4-4DFF-8062-AC3662A75922.jpeg

Was it like that when you picked it up ?
I am sure any fitter would agree something isn’t right.

Pete

Was it like that when you picked it up ?
I am sure any fitter would agree something isn’t right.

Pete
Hiya Pete, when I got the the back was all the way down and the front was all the way up, the was a camber on the road but I thought they where show both extreme but he said it was auto levelled. When I got to work I tried the auto level and it just dumped and the air in the back and pushed the front up

Well after 2 1/2 days fitting and £5000 I have to say what a result...........it’s the biggest con going. I had all the “add on’s” and the self levelling is a joke.... there is none. So pending the fitters response, they can have it all back and I’ll go to B14’s and some levelling ramps
View attachment 54636 View attachment 54637 View attachment 54638 View attachment 54640 View attachment 54641 View attachment 54642 View attachment 54643 View attachment 54644

View attachment 54639
Surely the fitter cant think that's right :(

The VB auto-level absolutely does work when correctly set up. It obviously has limitations in term of absolute gradient but in my experience it’s good for the vast majority of real-world situations.

It looks like yours is not correctly set up.

theres a possibility u have been instructed wrong as how to use it maybe ?
i have 2 settings identical to that in M1 and M2 function
go back to Sport mode first then stand on a slope see what happens
certainly does not look right

Spoke to sales rep, he said make sure engine isn’t running when you press the auto level button. The button flashed during operation the stays a solid light when complete. There’s not much else to press apart from sport, park or off road

Picked up ours from Rosmia on Thursday and seems fine. Haven’t checked with a spirit level though and not really had a chance to play with it. Low level and high level both seem fine. Plus used Sport on the M25 and that was also fine. There were a few creaky noises and when they rang me next day to ask how things were I mentioned the creaking. They said it was the hand brake cable and to try levelling with the brake off.

In terms of driving we’re very happy with it. We have a T32 LWB with 109/107T rated tyres so a very firm ride. The harshness has definitely been reduced and less ‘bangy’ when hitting unavoidable potholes.

need a bit more use but so far so good.

Picked up ours from Rosmia on Thursday and seems fine. Haven’t checked with a spirit level though and not really had a chance to play with it. Low level and high level both seem fine. Plus used Sport on the M25 and that was also fine. There were a few creaky noises and when they rang me next day to ask how things were I mentioned the creaking. They said it was the hand brake cable and to try levelling with the brake off.

In terms of driving we’re very happy with it. We have a T32 LWB with 109/107T rated tyres so a very firm ride. The harshness has definitely been reduced and less ‘bangy’ when hitting unavoidable potholes.

need a bit more use but so far so good.
Same as mine, everything else works fine apart from the auto level which always the only reason why I bought it

Back