Vanshades Chairpod - Power Latching

Ann3x

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I've got myself a chairpod from vanshades that mounts to the tailgate (similar to the cali seats): Chair Pod *NEW* - VanShades

Thought about fitting it at the weekend and realised that I'll have an issue to fit as itll block the door release switch (my door is power latched)...

Anyone found a workaround for this? I suppose I could relocate the switch to the quarter panel but it'd take some cable routing and a new / extended loom I guess.

Have you asked vanshades? Just cover it if you don't use it?

I've got myself a chairpod from vanshades that mounts to the tailgate (similar to the cali seats): Chair Pod *NEW* - VanShades

Thought about fitting it at the weekend and realised that I'll have an issue to fit as itll block the door release switch (my door is power latched)...

Anyone found a workaround for this? I suppose I could relocate the switch to the quarter panel but it'd take some cable routing and a new / extended loom I guess.
I have the VW Cali kit fitted to my conversion. The converter moved the switch to the quarter panel, I’ve never used it in 2 years. You could use the “boot” button on the remote as a workaround.

Have you asked vanshades? Just cover it if you don't use it?
Yeah they weren't super helpful.

I use it all the time so covering isn't an option.

@Salty Spuds is your quarter panel switch spliced into the main loom or fed back from the tailgate? If spliced can you see which wires?

The tailgate switch takes a negative (which you can pick up from chassis or factory earth post in D pillar) and switches it back to the BCM via the main loom in the roof so pretty easy to replicate

I can tell you what pin/wire you need to splice into in the roof if you want to add an extra button

The tailgate switch takes a negative (which you can pick up from chassis or factory earth post in D pillar) and switches it back to the BCM via the main loom in the roof so pretty easy to replicate

I can tell you what pin/wire you need to splice into in the roof if you want to add an extra button

That's be awesome dude. Fishing through the tailgate isn't fun so a splice would be much easier.

I can then leave the tailgate loom hanging.

@Pauly can you tell me which wire to spice into for the switch please?
Its pin 13 in the main wiring loom 17 pin plug in the roof space
All cables in the tailgate loom are white up to this plug then its a green wire coming out the other side of the plug into the van

Its pin 13 in the main wiring loom 17 pin plug in the roof space
All cables in the tailgate loom are white up to this plug then its a green wire coming out the other side of the plug into the van
Thanks a bunch.

Hi...
Did you sort your Taigate Switch and are you satisfied with the 'Chairpod'?
Thinking of purchasing one of these units for my T5 Caravelle.
Thank you.
Regards.
No, its still on my list to do.

The chairpod is good. Fitting is a bit of a hassle if you have hidden clips, they arent really strong enough to hold - id recommend normal panel clips if you fit one. Might not be relevant for a caravelle as the card might be molded.

Chairs are excellent quality. Overall, very happy.

Hello...
Thank you for responding to my query.
I didn't realise the issue, regarding the Inside Tailgate Opening Switch, until you mentioned it, in your post.
I understand, Vanshades are updating the design of their ChairPod and also, their Website is indicating, the ChairPod is out of stock?
With a bit of luck, their design change, might include an upgrade / update, for the Tailgate Opening Switch.
I am still interested, but I would want the 'Switch', moved before purchasing, so I'll make some enquiries, about the cost of moving the switch.
Thanks again for your advice.
Regards.

Back