Van wont start after fitting MFSW! [Resolved]

I had the same type of wiring issues when I did mine but is T6 Euro 6 so my BCM wire went to pin 36 .. yours maybe correct on Pin 17.

Your +12V splice to light switch wire I remember the wire as solid black !
In all event .. you need to remove the 6 wires from clock connector IF you've had stalk CC from factory as mine was ... it's all detailed on Chang1 post titled something like 'Retrofit MFSW .......... with paddles '

thank you for that. i think you are right I think it may need to be the black wire.
I have CC but it was a retrofit from VW, i would like to include this but no idea where to start with that!

i am now questioning if my van is eu5 or 6. It does not have adblue so i guessed 5 but i cant find that is tells be anywhere! It was registered in November 2015!

Black wire is ign live, fuse SC32 7.5a, Red/black wire is constant live fuse SC8 5a

thank you for that. i think you are right I think it may need to be the black wire.
I have CC but it was a retrofit from VW, i would like to include this but no idea where to start with that!

i am now questioning if my van is eu5 or 6. It does not have adblue so i guessed 5 but i cant find that is tells be anywhere! It was registered in November 2015!
Pretty sure ad blue is only on euro 6 models and not euro 5

Pin 17 and black wire on switch,

You have aftermarket cc which is totally a different install to genuine, so may be conflicting

Pin 17 and black wire on switch,

You have aftermarket cc which is totally a different install to genuine, so may be conflicting

thank you, will switch to black wire and check coding. Hopefully some of the wheel will work for now.

Does the wheel have correct buttons for T6 etc...

have you re-checked the coding needed to tell the BCM MFSW is fitted .. coding as Chang1 thread..

the wheel should light up when lights on and maybe the MFD will function from the buttons .. as I had mine connected originally to pin 17 and the MFD worked and the stereo channel changes and volume .. the voice activation did not work ...

Did you take any photos of the Airbag loom / connector.. just checking it's correct type ..

Have you connected to Pin 17 on T73b BCM .. green and blue wire.. can't see splice in your thread photo.. th yellow pin 9 T41 to black wire light switch should be correct now..
check and re-check wiring and coding as that's what I had wrong !!

Yeah I was told when I bought it it was only for T6 so should be fine. Same airbag is being used so this should be fine too.
I have gone to pin 17 in BCM and black wire in light switch. Doesnt light up when lights are on!
Yes green wire in my picture is the one I spiced!
I coded with OBDeleven and turned on MFSW. I would have thought it would light up even without coding but maybe not. Will the pins 9 and 10 behind the wheel just know something is in them now?!
Must be missing something small maybe!

5CEA9900-C965-4E99-92DC-C63715A4C410.jpeg

Yeah I was told when I bought it it was only for T6 so should be fine. Same airbag is being used so this should be fine too.
I have gone to pin 17 in BCM and black wire in light switch. Doesnt light up when lights are on!
Yes green wire in my picture is the one I spiced!
I coded with OBDeleven and turned on MFSW. I would have thought it would light up even without coding but maybe not. Will the pins 9 and 10 behind the wheel just know something is in them now?!
Must be missing something small maybe!

View attachment 68535

You have replaced the airbag loom though, for one with the MFSW harness?

Last edited:
IMG_0297.PNG

What's the cc speed set like symbol shown in the wheel below center horizontal member .. is it optical illusion looking at the cc stalk underneath ? Is it the VW retrofit cc ?

You have replaced the airbag loom though, for one with the MFSW harness?

ummm..... no! what a fool! I assumed I only needed to do that if I was using a different airbag and needed an adaptor!
So I just need a T6 loom, guess it will be standard as the airbag isn't changing?!

ummm..... no! what a fool! I assumed I only needed to do that if I was using a different airbag and needed an adaptor!
So I just need a T6 loom, guess it will be standard as the airbag isn't changing?!
This is what you need. It has an extra plug to connect the wheel up. Don't feel too bad mate, easy done :thumbsup:

This is what you need. It has an extra plug to connect the wheel up. Don't feel too bad mate, easy done :thumbsup:

brilliant thank you. Bought it.. will report back once it is here! Thank you again!

Hey, so i have now received the loom but I can not find anywhere online on how to fit it! I have an extra brown terminal and a black plug. Not sure what to do with either?!

image.jpg

The black plug goes into your MFSW buttons. The brown is the horn, I think there’s a spade connector on the back of the airbag?

The black plug goes into your MFSW buttons. The brown is the horn, I think there’s a spade connector on the back of the airbag?
Ah yes seen where the black one goes now! I can only see 2 space connectors and I have 3 wires, 2 brown and 1 blue?!

image.jpg

Both brown wires should go to the horn plate on the airbag.

Capture.PNG

Can you take a better picture of the back of the airbag, without the harness?

Back