Uprated Tailgate Struts

Thanks, don't think i'll need to lift tailgate with cycles on and don't want to hang on tailgate to close it, so the 958N will probably suffice then? All i'm after is a suitable strut that will open with an empty cycle rack on and stay up with no sag.
Thanks for your help

These are the ones I bought mate, I had the same issue as you. Unfortunately out of stock.

Just look for some 1200Nm struts. I wouldn't spend over 100 pounds on some OEM struts if your not carrying a bike rack.

Your tailgate will open up nice and smooth after uprating them.

Hi, anyone used either Transporter HQ Upgraded tailgate struts 1250n £25/pair or Autodoc Stabilus Gas Spring struts 1200n £50/pair and can advise which ones to go for please

I've got the THQ ones. Have stopped the tailgate drooping but be warned, not easy to close and will take out teeth if you're not paying attention when opening.

Hi, anyone used either Transporter HQ Upgraded tailgate struts 1250n £25/pair or Autodoc Stabilus Gas Spring struts 1200n £50/pair and can advise which ones to go for please
Just put THQ ones in the other day. Had my wife out to hold the tailgate when i took the 900 kombi ones out... It will crack your head taking just one out so be ready for it!
Haven't put the rack on yet and find the uprated ones manageable but then again i have deadeaned and insulated so a bit additional weight in there.

Sent them to another forum member a while ago
Yea, thought that would be the case, but I was hoping.

People keep saying £30 with VAT… but everything I find online is £100+. I wonder if TPS for OEM struts is the way to go. I’ll give them a ring.

Yea, thought that would be the case, but I was hoping.

People keep saying £30 with VAT… but everything I find online is £100+. I wonder if TPS for OEM struts is the way to go. I’ll give them a ring.
100 ish quid for oem , I know cause I bought upgraded ones for bike rack

100 ish quid for oem , I know cause I bought upgraded ones for bike rack
Yea, good to know. I think that’s what I’ll do. Gutted to need to spend £100 after working so hard at the sound deadening and insulation.

Order placed with TPS this morning. £122.78 for two of the 985N struts (7E0827550C). Guy said his computer showed they weren’t the right struts for my van. I explained why these struts might not be suggested for my panel van. Now gotta wait for 30th to collect… bloody Christmas getting in the way…

Back