I would change it. You are just delaying the inevitable.

Why try and get a few days\weeks extra life when you know it will let you down right at the wrong moment and that might cost you more than a battery.

Reactions: mmi
I would change it too. The AGM battery in my 2016 T6 is original, and if I leave it 5 weeks unused, the battery is at 12.2V (and it always starts instantly).

Pete

Cheers guys. I think you are all correct.

It was 11.56v before I started it this morning. Started straight away, but not super 'on the button'.
Took it for a 5 mile motorway run.
Measured again with engine running - 14.6v (so my charging system is fine)
Engine off - 12.44v. Then an hour later it was 12.20v, then 12.16v and hour later.
Its done!

So now my dilemma is the Bosch S5A11 80Ah for a standard fit, or squeeze in the S5A13 95Ah.
Is the little thermal jacket that useful as I'd quite like to keep it. As mentioned before, its not a camper or has many toys that need power when engine off. Interior lights are all LED's and we only sleep in it very occasionally - typically on the way to the Alps for a couple of nights each way.
So I'm inclined to stick with regular sized S5A11 which gives 5 Ah over the standard one anyway, but I've got til lunch to make my mind up so I can get it on a next day delivery.
Thanks

I went with the 80Ah Bosch when I changed ours. It is a camper but not sure that makes any difference anyway as all the extra loads are on the second (leisure) battery.

I went with the 80Ah Bosch when I changed ours. It is a camper but not sure that makes any difference anyway as all the extra loads are on the second (leisure) battery.
Me too now.
Battery Group seem best prices at the mo.
80 Ah is £140. £152 next day delivery. £146 for 3 day delivery, but I can't take the risk on something going wrong...
95 Ah is £155.

Help . I need to replace my battery which is a Varta 68ah battery. I am going to get a Bosch S5 A08 battery which is the same dimensions as my current.

Do I need to code it on as per previous threads? It is a 2016 T6 140bhp blue motion tech, euro 5 engine. Hence my confusion. Also when I replace it, will I lose all my settings? I.e. radio etc?

Thank you.

If its BlueMotion . . . and has a sensor on the battery NEG post . . .

then it will need coding in for the full potential.

but will work as a drop-in.

you may need to reset your radio, time&date, window pinch protection. ( all of which is normal)

1649505155303.png

some pics over here:

Thanks as ever @Dellmassive for your reply.

I have taken some photos as comparison to the ones you posted in your reply.

So I presume the black module on the negative is for the BlueMotion?

20220409_125716.jpg

20220409_125706.jpg

20220409_125703.jpg

20220409_115242.jpg

@cy294

Yes . . that's the IBS (Intelligent Battery Sensor) on the NEG post.

on your van (2016 T6 140bhp blue motion tech, euro 5 engine.) for refernce

thats for the vans Power Management System to monitor the battery - part of the Bluemotion package.

that means the van will have a smart alternator and the battery details and status logged in the ECU.

so coding is required for the new battery as per posts above.

Last month of warranty but took the guys advice and replaced with a AGM Bosch 950 rather than fight for a like for like EFB

IMG_1177.JPG

Evening all, just replaced by wet varta with an AGM Exide. All coded in with no problems. Should stop start work again immediately or does the van need journey time to calibrate it first before stop start kicks in again? I've been on a few short runs and the stop start icon has come up on the MFD (with the line through it) but the engine hasn't shut off? Any opinions gratefully received

I’ve done mine this weekend. Stop start has so many pre requisites to ensure it doesn’t let you down I wouldn’t worry. Wait for a dry day, take it out get it up to proper temperature and I’m sure it will start to work. I put the full fat Bosch S5 95 ah in mine and it’s working a treat.

Evening all, just replaced by wet varta with an AGM Exide. All coded in with no problems. Should stop start work again immediately or does the van need journey time to calibrate it first before stop start kicks in again? I've been on a few short runs and the stop start icon has come up on the MFD (with the line through it) but the engine hasn't shut off? Any opinions gratefully received
It may take 10 drive cycles or longer to register the battery is full charged before the stop start kicks in with the new battery.

Be patient and keep going.

Stop start, kicked in last night for this first time in god knows how long... Like you said I think it just needs a bit of time. Nothing to do with a long drive, van had been sat on the drive for days and I only took it five mins down the road when it kicked in.

Reactions: CAB
Back