VIP Member
Hi I’ve just got these new wheels
Size: 20 Inch
Width: 8.5J & 10J
Offset (ET): +35/+40 Respectively
PCD: 5x120
Centre Bore: 72.6mm (Spigots Included)
Max Load (per wheel): 885kg/1950lbs
And I really need to know what tyres to put on them it’s a t28 with standard suspension at the mo and help would be great thx

The tyres / wheels subject can be a bit daunting but I'm afraid that purchasing staggered alloys makes it more complicated than it normally is. The benefit of staggered wheels seems to me to be purely aesthetic (a good enough reason on it's own).
Do as much reading as you can before committing to the purchase and fitting of 4 tyres, there are forum members with the same sized wheels as those you've purchased and their experiences and recommendations are there to be read.

Screenshot_20230511_205945_Samsung Internet.jpg

Looks nice but you may fall into the trap that lots of people on 20's and standard suspension do. After a short while they find the ride quality is not great and they blame their new wheels and tyres when the real reason is that the standard shocks just can't handle the extra unsprung mass of the wheels and tyres. Fitting lowering springs only will make things even worse. However if you change to a quality set of uprated shocks and springs it will transform the ride totally.

Hello everyone,
This is my first post and I apologise if this has been asked loads of times but I wondered if I could get some advice on tyre sizes. I have recently brought a set of Inovit speed alloys 20 inch and they are the staggered set. It’s 8.5J ET35 on the fronts and 10J ET40 on the rears and I wondered what’s the best sizing for these wheels. I thought about a 255/40/20 on the front and either 265 or 275/40/20’s on the rear.
Any advice would appreciated

Thanks

thank you, all advice is appreciated
Sorry, been busy. Similar to Deaky. I have 275/40/20 rear and 245/45/20 front. That keeps the circumference the same front to rear (I have a 4Mo) and the 245 is better suited to the 8.5j wheel width. Drives much better with those on the front-I used to have 275/40/20 on the front too and the difference is better pick up, lighter steering, more precise steering and no rubbing.

Sorry, been busy. Similar to Deaky. I have 275/40/20 rear and 245/45/20 front. That keeps the circumference the same front to rear (I have a 4Mo) and the 245 is better suited to the 8.5j wheel width. Drives much better with those on the front-I used to have 275/40/20 on the front too and the difference is better pick up, lighter steering, more precise steering and no rubbing.
Great, thank you that helps a lot, can’t wait to get them on.

Thanks everyone

Back