Tyre Pressures 255/45/18?

Decided to replace the standard 17 inch Devonports on my recently acquired 6.1 Kombi T32 4M and have ordered a set of OE Sportline 2's with Michelin Pilot Sport 4 255/45 103's . Only have the suggested pressures for 16/17 inch wheels on the door sticker and could do with some advice from anyone on here running 18 inch wheels on a T6 / T6.1 T32 4M . Van only has personal use and mainly only carries driver / passenger . A set of virtually new Devonports shod with Continental Vancontact 215/60 R17C 109/107 Ts with only 500 miles covered will also soon be listed in the sales section .

I run 50psi all round (heavy van)

I have a T28 TSI 204 and I run Michelin Sport 4s, 255/45 ZR18 103Y and run all tyres at 45psi, fronts lasted 20,000 miles though middle had worn more than the edges by a couple of mm, VW technician said it is common for centre section to wear a little more on wide tyres, maybe I’ll try a little lower,

Has your van been lowered and if so by how much? Cheers

It has mate - on B14's. I'm not sure how low, but down quite a long way....it was done by New Wave Custom Conversions in Cardiff and they went as low as possible

Cheers...thought so. Must say they look great on the van! If I stuck them on mine as it is there would be gaping black holes around the top of them glwts

Cheers...thought so. Must say they look great on the van! If I stuck them on mine as it is there would be gaping black holes around the top of them glwts

I get you - you need to lower your van then! It rides extremely well, especially on 18's. I had 20's on for a while but just didn't enjoy the handling as much - fitting 19's today and hopefully they're a compromise!

Yup...was thinking the same...19s good all rounder in terms of handling and looks. It does need lowering though...

Hi All

So my van’s had a full respray and there’s no info sticker on the b pillar regarding tyre pressures?
I’m running 255/45/18 103 W XL? I’ve seen a couple of posts relating to a T32/T30 but I’m wondering would my pressures be different as it’s a T28?
The reason I’m asking is the middle of my fronts has worn a fair bit more toll than the outer? I realise that wide tyres do wear a bit more in the middle than the outer but there’s a fairly big difference? If anyone could shed some light I’d be most grateful?
TIA

Hi All

So my van’s had a full respray and there’s no info sticker on the b pillar regarding tyre pressures?
I’m running 255/45/18 103 W XL? I’ve seen a couple of posts relating to a T32/T30 but I’m wondering would my pressures be different as it’s a T28?
The reason I’m asking is the middle of my fronts has worn a fair bit more toll than the outer? I realise that wide tyres do wear a bit more in the middle than the outer but there’s a fairly big difference? If anyone could shed some light I’d be most grateful?
TIA
DSC_2495.JPG

T6 T28 Highline 2019 :thumbsup:

I keep mine 3.5Bar front and rear fully loaded van. Drives nice

Last edited:
Hi All

TIA
My van is a T28 and until this week I was running that same size tyre. As @CAB post above and the information sticker on the b pillar, I always keep them to 44psi on the fronts and 36psi on the rears as my van is ‘light’ and doesn’t carry any weight (such as a full camper conversion). My tyres have been on for just over a year and covered approximately 9000 miles and they have worn perfectly.

Reactions: CAB
My van is a T28 and until this week I was running that same size tyre. As @CAB post above and the information sticker on the b pillar, I always keep them to 44psi on the fronts and 36psi on the rears as my van is ‘light’ and doesn’t carry any weight (such as a full camper conversion). My tyres have been on for just over a year and covered approximately 9000 miles and they have worn perfectly.
That's interesting as mine is a T28 fully loaded 99% of the time. Will look at putting more air in on next run out, see what ride is like.

Back