Tyre choice for T32 Camper

Deeps

My campervan T6 T32 DSG 150 has 215/60 R17 C Continentals as fitted when bought from Bilbos. They get me round corners and stop well BUT the van ride is somewhat harsh.
Can anybody advise if different tyres might help with the ride?

I’m recalling my last motor, a Toyota AWD RAV4 and the magic carpet ride when I swapped the old Turanzas for Mchelin X Climates.

Any ideas?

Just fitted Goodyear Vector All-seasons 225/65/17s to replace Conti Van Contact 200 215/60/17. Run them at 45 psi.

Like night and day. T32 on standard suspension.

IMG_5069.jpeg

Last edited:
Done anything with your suspension yet?

See CRS Performance in Cannock, or The Van Cave in Somerset, whichever is closer.

Done anything with your suspension yet?

See CRS Performance in Cannock, or The Van Cave in Somerset, whichever is closer.
I know your message is to the OP, but seeing CRS is on my list too - money and time willing.

Those c (commercial) Continentals, if they are the 109 loaded sidewalls, are like a solid rubber tyre. Doesn’t help that they need to be silly psi.
I put mine back on for a trip last year and they were very hard.
Deffo try tyres or go the whole hog and visit CRS and then throw some 18/19/20’a on it.

Michelin Agilis crossclimates are awesome for muddy tracks and camping fields with morning dew I googled the hell out of tyres when I brought mine,they make your van in to a very adequate 2 wheel drive
IMG_2120.jpegIMG_2240.jpeg

Back