Tyre pressures 215/60/17

Garyf123

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi,
I have a T6 T32 with full camper conversion. It has 8J x 17" alloys with 215 x 60 x 17 tyres (Michelin Agilis cross climates) Steve at CRS lowered the van by 60mm with Evo Teknik springs and Koni short shocks. What would you all recommend i set the tyre pressures at?

Thanks,

Gary.

Manufacturers recommendations or you might have some issues with insurance and/or Police in the event of an accident.

I have a SWB T30 camper conversion with Bridgestone Weather Control A005 Evo tyres. When it had original rear suspension, it was just awful at any pressure. After CRS fitted Koni Special active shocks, T32 springs and then spacers, the difference was superb and after a while I started to play around with tyre pressure. Given it's a campervan, I thought the pressures should be somewhere between normal and fully loaded which for the 235/55/17 devonports I have, should be: Front 44 or 48 & Rear 36 or 48. I ran 44 front and 40 rear for a good 6000 miles but could see the fronts were wearing more on the inner and outer edges which suggests under-inflation.

I have done the last 5000 with 48/48 and it's been much better: steering more positive, handling on the motorway fully loaded is way better, front tyre wear seems better, braking seems better but there is slightly more feedback over lumps and bumps which, by the state of the roads today, is quite noticeable.

Incidentally; VW commercial serviced my van recently and inflated all 4 tyres to 58psi. Max allowed (as written on the sidewall) is 50psi!. The van felt very weird and I could hear the tyres ping and resonate going over a small bumps. Seems they can't even read the correct tyre sizes......

Last edited:
Had the same issue of over inflation when I bought my Van. They just assume the tyres are Commercial rated an pump them up accordingly.

Back