To Rear Spoiler Or Not To Rear Spoiler

Low Life Stealth with an RDX spoiler. The Hilo is a good bit higher at the back when it's elevated.

20190228_213907.jpg

Don’t have a piccie of my Hilo roof side profile with spoiler to give you a comparison. Will try and upload one in the morning.

**update**
Here you go. VW oem tailgate spoiler with Hilo.
CD475B62-831C-4F32-931B-0C860D5DE90C.jpeg

Last edited:
Doesn't really cause too much issue for me. You just need to remember to close the tailgate when your elevating or retracting the roof so that the rear of the roof doesn't rub against the spoiler, while the roof is on the move.

Picking up my Kombi in a month. Pure grey SWB T30. Question is rear spoiler or not? I like both with and without. Waste of money? or will i regret not having one down the line ?

I think you need to look around the forum and see what influences your taste. Have a good look at all the details on everyone’s vans and see how it’s not the spoiler alone that makes ‘the look’, it’s the subtle additions that make the van ‘pop’.
Bloody hell, check me out getting all poetic.
Good luck!

It's much easier to put one on than it is to take one off! If you're undecided I would have it without, that way you can add one easily if you want to. If you have one fitted now and then decide you don't like it, it's an absolute pain to get it off.

I should also add, if it's a new van coming from VW and they fit a spoiler, they're going to be drilling holes in the top of the tailgate to bolt it on. Even more of a pain if you choose to remove it at a later date.

Seems to work better on some colours to my eye. Looks awesome on metallic colours. I'm going Pure grey and i'm not so sure it works.

Just like they don't need slamming on 20" rims, front splitters and limo black windows... there is no right or wrong but I've got a rear spoiler.:thumbsup:

Back