To Rear Spoiler Or Not To Rear Spoiler

I think it depends on the overall look.
If I was going low with steel wheels then I wouldn't fit a spoiler or any other bodykits or parts - I'd keep it all very simple, clean and uncluttered.

Although I do agree with that opinion, i actually hope it's not the case with all colours because I've had his spare set of banded 18s for my T6, but yes I do think steels need simplicity to make them stand out.
Let's see how they look on mine when I fit them.

I think the T5's suited them but the T6 tailgate not . Theres already a sort of lip at the top and the spoiler looks out of place. .. Just my opinion anyway.

As per a previous post it depends on your van. I think they look great without a pop top, a nice smooth extension of the roof line. But with a pop top I don't like the look, far too boxy and you're extending an 8 inch flat roof line, it looks pointless. (excuse the non-technical language, I hope you know what I mean).

It was the top of my list for things to get, but once I saw a rear spoiler on a pop top I immediately changed my mind.

I ordered and fitted genuine, assuming it would look good, like the previous model. I don't think it does, and if i hadn't drilled the tailgate fitting it, would take it off. When i look out of an upstairs window at the van on the drive, it looks particularly bad.

I have to agree about the spoiler with (most) pop tops. If you have a toupee on your roof then it looks out of place. However, combine the T6 OEM one with a Hilo, it carries the line perfectly.
At least that is what I am telling myself, and crossing fingers.

I think they look amazing...because I have fitted one to mine :cool:.

Was indecisive about the new T6 version, but once fitted have grown to like it. The rear tailgate does look without one, I agree with previous comments on this, T5 was much better with a spoiler, T6 looks good with or without.

Question about colours of spoilers, if I fitted a white one to my van (oryx white) would there be a difference in shade and maybe look daft or would it blend ok

@Tommy I don't think it would look right personally. If you don't want to pay for colour coding the standard black might suit better than a different shade of white.

@Tommy I don't think it would look right personally. If you don't want to pay for colour coding the standard black might suit better than a different shade of white.

Thanks DaveBos, after spending all this money its got to look right whatever I do to her in the future so would consider colour coding. Is this a VW dealer thing or can other people do this, also guessing it would up the cost considerably :(

Personally yes go spoiler if it’s a Hilo, if it’s not a Hilo then don’t as I think it looks a bit funny unless the spoiler is level with the pop top... maybe a abt one .

Here’s mine anyway

69CD4B0B-CE5C-4118-B330-637BDBD5AD27.jpeg

@Tommy

Genuine unpainted rear spoiler can be bought at Banwy and various other outlets

T6 Rear Spoiler Sportline Tailgate

Find a good body shop to get it painted and fitted. I fitted my own, without any drilling. It’s still fixed solid after almost 2 years, not a difficult job to diy.

Personally yes go spoiler if it’s a Hilo, if it’s not a Hilo then don’t as I think it looks a bit funny unless the spoiler is level with the pop top... maybe a abt one .

Here’s mine anyway

View attachment 21406

Keaney, very nice, like the lowered suspension. Thats another thing thats got me interested but being a T6 numpty its a blumin minefield out there knowing whats what and whats not

@Tommy

Genuine unpainted rear spoiler can be bought at Banwy and various other outlets

T6 Rear Spoiler Sportline Tailgate

Find a good body shop to get it painted and fitted. I fitted my own, without any drilling. It’s still fixed solid after almost 2 years, not a difficult job to diy.

Thanks DaveBos, seems reasonably priced, not sure what a paint job would add to overall cost - that ABT spoiler is big bucks. Do these spoiler stick on or are they fastened securely?

Genuine has option to screw and glue, but most people just glue (bond) it to the bodywork with a decent PU adhesive.

Genuine has option to screw and glue, but most people just glue (bond) it to the bodywork with a decent PU adhesive.

Thanks DaveBos, guess its not a job for the unskilled then, I can't even put a screen protector on a phone without leaving air pockets and wrinkles all over the place :)

On another note going to receive a bumper protector on Monday, do you have to get it right first time or is it an easy fix on

Thanks DaveBos, guess its not a job for the unskilled then, I can't even put a screen protector on a phone without leaving air pockets and wrinkles all over the place :)

On another note going to receive a bumper protector on Monday, do you have to get it right first time or is it an easy fix on

If it's anything like my genuine Carbon one from VW, there is a gap either side, and you do need to set in central before you let it touch the bumper, because they do stick rather well.

If it's anything like my genuine Carbon one from VW, there is a gap either side, and you do need to set in central before you let it touch the bumper, because they do stick rather well.

Oh dear, (have some other simple stick on goodies coming as well) not looking forward to this one, got a touch like a baby elephant :D

Oh dear, (have some other simple stick on goodies coming as well) not looking forward to this one, got a touch like a baby elephant :D

Just hold it either end and use your fingers as a guide as you lower it onto the bumper. If you just let it sit, and don't press it down, there is a little room for error and movement.
What other stick on parts have you ordered?

Thanks for the encouragement Tourershine, just hope its not going to be a 60 odd pound cluster fcuk :(

Have some door pocket inserts - very comfortable with this fix :D side step entry guards and stainless steel step protectors, also received seat covers and just need rubber mats now front and rear

Also liking the looks of this suspension malarkey but wouldn't even know where to start with this one

Back