Third Brake Light with Reversing Camera

goldeneye243

T6 Guru
Just wondering how tricky it is to fit the OEM reversing camera in a tailgate kombi?

I'm going to have it converted into a camper fairly soon - Is it better to wait until then, or go ahead and do it?

Also any opinions on whether it is worthwhile doing it or if the reversing sensors are good enough??

Thanks!

Edit - Just found this post - Might leave it for now!

Retrofit genuine reverse camera

I recommend you do anything like rear speakers, camera now before the conversion,

We do both the genuine or Pioneer camera which is easier to install and a better camera overall

please could someone help has anyone bought a third break light rear view camera.

My purchase said it was a plug and go after buying the break light and camera, I couldn’t get that to work got I touch with the company they said I needed a section of loom which piggy backed on the existing loom with the RCA cable to fit the camera.

Anyway I still can’t get it to work..pics below

Any help gratefully received

upload_2019-7-11_22-13-40.jpeg
upload_2019-7-11_22-15-21.jpeg

Flushed with the success of installing the head unit and dashcam, the reversing camera is next on the list.

Are there any tailgate fitting guides kicking about? I've seen the barn door one...

Flushed with the success of installing the head unit and dashcam, the reversing camera is next on the list.

Are there any tailgate fitting guides kicking about? I've seen the barn door one...

If you purchase from us I can give you all the help you need

If you purchase from us I can give you all the help you need

Thanks, but I already have the camera. As far as I know, with my head unit (DMX8019DABS), it should be just a case of getting it power and connecting the video.

I am using the wiring loom supplied by you :)

Thanks, but I already have the camera. As far as I know, with my head unit (DMX8019DABS), it should be just a case of getting it power and connecting the video.

I am using the wiring loom supplied by you :)

What camera did you purchase ?

Back