1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retrofit genuine reverse camera

Discussion in 'Electrics, Lighting, ICE' started by Kev, 2 Oct 2016.

1. Kev

Kev Member VIP Member

anyone know if it's possible? I will have the bigger screen 6.33 I think with app connect, any ideas on cost?

2. Pauly

Pauly Senior Member Admin Moderator VCDS User

Map
    Yes its possible, i have done it to mine but its a bit off a git to install.
    Are you thinking a DIY installation or are you looking to get someone to do it for you ? Tailgate or barn door ? What parking sensor setup do you have ?

3. Kev

Kev Member VIP Member

Someone to do it for me, tailgate with front and rear sensors...

4. Pauly

Map
    Will need to confirm prices tomorrow as i have some numbers jotted down and im not sure if they are plus vat or including but camera and square mount is around £200
    Wiring kit is around £100 but will confirm later, budget around £300 for parts
    A square hole is required to be cut through the tailgate to flush mount the camera above numberplate, this is a metal surface so cutting tools and sealer/primer required when done
    Wiring needs to be run to dash to connect to rear of stereo so all roof panels and A pillar and bits of dash have to be removed to route cables
    The camera will need to be coded in with VCDS on completion and i have this info and wiring connections if required

5. Pauly

Map
    Just to confirm complete kit is £322 + postage

Kev likes this.
  6. Kev

Kev Member VIP Member

Thanks Pauly, although don't fancy cutting up the tailgate on a 42k van!

7. Pauly

Map
    It needs a 41/42mm square hole cut above number plate, its painful breaking out the power tools on a new vehicle but i used a fein saw with a medium sized bi metal blade and it did the trick ok, steady hand required though !

8. Kev

Kev Member VIP Member

You got any pics of it fitted? Gutted as it was only £180 extra from factory but just too late to add

9. Pauly

Map
    Kev likes this.
  10. ecowagon

ecowagon Account Closed

You can get the camera and interface from an Italian company called car interface online for 218 euros delivered plug and play

Kev likes this.
  11. Pauly

Map
  12. ecowagon

ecowagon Account Closed

Yes all fitted and working search T6 revering camera on the site and it comes up

13. carlg

carlg 204 DSG Highline Kombi MY17 VIP Member T6 Guru

Last edited: 4 Oct 2016
  14. T6Andy

T6Andy Member

Hi do you have to have PDC fitted to the vehicle to upgrade to a reverse camera and have it as per factory? I am thinking of buying a shuttle and I don't think it has front and rear parking a sensors. It does however have front sensors for active cruise control that automatically brakes the vehicle up to 90mph if you're too close.

15. Pauly

Map
    No PDC is not required, camera just needs to be cut in, wires run in and connected and it works but does require coding/programming to activate

T6Andy likes this.
  16. T6Andy

T6Andy Member

Ok cheers

17. T6Andy

T6Andy Member

18. T6 Dave

T6 Dave Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Guidance lines on my T6 OE rear camera are static, won't turn with the steering input of the vehicle, so not sure what your on about @Andrew Todd ?

19. T6Andy

T6Andy Member

IMG_6462.JPG On my Q7 as you turned the wheel the guidance lines moved to show you direction of travel, just like the attached image. Do the T6 cameras not do the same?

20. Pauly

Map
    No, the guide lines on T6s are static