Reversing camera retrofit (OEM)

Kev

T6 Pro
anyone know if it's possible? I will have the bigger screen 6.33 I think with app connect, any ideas on cost?

Yes its possible, i have done it to mine but its a bit off a git to install.
Are you thinking a DIY installation or are you looking to get someone to do it for you ? Tailgate or barn door ? What parking sensor setup do you have ?

Will need to confirm prices tomorrow as i have some numbers jotted down and im not sure if they are plus vat or including but camera and square mount is around £200
Wiring kit is around £100 but will confirm later, budget around £300 for parts
A square hole is required to be cut through the tailgate to flush mount the camera above numberplate, this is a metal surface so cutting tools and sealer/primer required when done
Wiring needs to be run to dash to connect to rear of stereo so all roof panels and A pillar and bits of dash have to be removed to route cables
The camera will need to be coded in with VCDS on completion and i have this info and wiring connections if required

It needs a 41/42mm square hole cut above number plate, its painful breaking out the power tools on a new vehicle but i used a fein saw with a medium sized bi metal blade and it did the trick ok, steady hand required though !

It needs a 41/42mm square hole cut above number plate, its painful breaking out the power tools on a new vehicle but i used a fein saw with a medium sized bi metal blade and it did the trick ok, steady hand required though !
You got any pics of it fitted? Gutted as it was only £180 extra from factory but just too late to add

You can get the camera and interface from an Italian company called car interface online for 218 euros delivered plug and play

Reactions: Kev
i have just found this the standard unit with a camera fitted on a van for sale . I was told to have a camera it needed a unit upgrade but after going for a stock Kombi with the standard unit I was thinking of a none vw camera kit but has any one got one of these as I would love to fit a camera to mine .
image.png

I retro fitted a factory camera to mine and it appears exactly as in the pic, its not a nice feeling cutting a hole in the tailgate but happy with the end result
Is yours a tailgate also as barn doors require the whole strip above the number plate to be replaced and the kit is slightly more expensive

Does the head unit need recoding to activate a camera? And how do you get a video signal into the stereo?

Yes its needs coding, the camera kit comes with all cables required to run power and video signal to the dash and video cable has ends pre fitted with the connectors to go straight into the back of the headunit
To fit it the factory way you need to have minimum of rear PDC fitted, can still make it work without it but requires picking up a feed from somewhere else

So it looks like I can have the camera then . I have a tailgate and rear sensors so it sounds like it will all plug in then but then I will need to take it to the dealers to turn it on .
How much was the kit ?
I will have a read of your thread on fitting the kit Pauly and have a go at Christmas.
Thanks

Slightly off the original post but has anyone found a way of having the rear camera view full screen without having to get rid of the pdc display as soon as reverse is selected ?

Back