Wolfbox G900 Dash and rear view camera

GaryD

Hi All,

Possibly looking at getting a Wolfbox G900 dashcam and rear-view camera system (amazon £220) to fit to my T28. Couple of questions for some advice...

1, Has anyone had any dealings with this make/unit?
2, If so what are the dimensions of the rear camera? I want to install it by my number plate adjacent to the lock, van has barn doors. But want a neat professional finish where the camera sits in nicely.

I have read lots of posts both on here and on you tube just a bit sceptical of doing it myself as the van has been converted but its either that or 600-700£ to have the OEM variant fitted locally. I think the G900 offers more at a third of the cost. Any advice would be great!!

Many thanx

Gary

I installed an older version on my Lwb t4 camper last year. I contacted the seller as the cabling was too short to reach rear. They posted me the extended cable for free (selling for 20 quid if you just buy it but I read reviews that they send for free). Initially had camera under the barn door pull but it was looking too much on the floor. I relocated inside the van looking out the barn window. Best thing I ever did. Brilliant view all the time out the rear. Can close the rear curtains and you still see it clearly. Fitting was a pain, I'm an amateur, took a weekend. I got someone else to connect the 12v to be hidden behind dash and linked to ignition so probably spent about 350 all in. Newer camera must be just as good.

I've since got a new T6.1 and wanted similar but due to it being a new conversion didn't want to muck about myself. Paid a lot more money for a local installer to install thinkware front and rear cams plus a reversing cam built into the rear light. The reversing cam angle is not as good and the view screen is far worse than the wolfbox and overall it cost 4x the wolfbox. Wish I'd stayed with wolfbox...

Reactions: JOG
I installed an older version on my Lwb t4 camper last year. I contacted the seller as the cabling was too short to reach rear. They posted me the extended cable for free (selling for 20 quid if you just buy it but I read reviews that they send for free). Initially had camera under the barn door pull but it was looking too much on the floor. I relocated inside the van looking out the barn window. Best thing I ever did. Brilliant view all the time out the rear. Can close the rear curtains and you still see it clearly. Fitting was a pain, I'm an amateur, took a weekend. I got someone else to connect the 12v to be hidden behind dash and linked to ignition so probably spent about 350 all in. Newer camera must be just as good.

I've since got a new T6.1 and wanted similar but due to it being a new conversion didn't want to muck about myself. Paid a lot more money for a local installer to install thinkware front and rear cams plus a reversing cam built into the rear light. The reversing cam angle is not as good and the view screen is far worse than the wolfbox and overall it cost 4x the wolfbox. Wish I'd stayed with wolfbox...
Many thanx Soche for your info!

Many thanx Soche for your info!
Hi All,

Possibly looking at getting a Wolfbox G900 dashcam and rear-view camera system (amazon £220) to fit to my T28. Couple of questions for some advice...

1, Has anyone had any dealings with this make/unit?
2, If so what are the dimensions of the rear camera? I want to install it by my number plate adjacent to the lock, van has barn doors. But want a neat professional finish where the camera sits in nicely.

I have read lots of posts both on here and on you tube just a bit sceptical of doing it myself as the van has been converted but its either that or 600-700£ to have the OEM variant fitted locally. I think the G900 offers more at a third of the cost. Any advice would be great!!

Many thanx

Gary
Did you get the G900? If so how did you end up fitting it?
I just got a T6 SWB with barn doors and interested to see how you got on

Did you get the G900? If so how did you end up fitting it?
I just got a T6 SWB with barn doors and interested to see how you got on
I got the G850 in the end. Also got the hardwire kit and extension cable so i knew the rear cable to the camera reached. It was a bit fiddly and had to feed the cable under some trim and the rear barn door but im quite pleased how its worked out tbh. Double checked which fuses to you use for red and yellow supplies but all good!

I got the G850 in the end. Also got the hardwire kit and extension cable so i knew the rear cable to the camera reached. It was a bit fiddly and had to feed the cable under some trim and the rear barn door but im quite pleased how its worked out tbh. Double checked which fuses to you use for red and yellow supplies but all good!
Would you mind sharing what fuses you used for the hard wiring? Thanks in advance. Did you piggyback into existing, or use “spares”

Would you mind sharing what fuses you used for the hard wiring? Thanks in advance. Did you piggyback into existing, or use “spares”
I piggybacked onto a couple of fuses. When I get my van back will attach a photo! Essentially got my test meter out to find out which is a permanent supply and which is a switched supply.

What length extension cable did you get? I’m getting a swb and hoping the 33ft would be ok?

I can't remember what length my extension was but it was the "long one"! There's actually not much slack on it but my route is like a map of the London underground.

Back