Tenet...

Stay Frosty

Electrician
T6 Legend
Right, watched this glossy film last night and feel old, confused, a bit deaf and if I'm entirely honest a bit depressed, as if I've just failed a test of some kind... anybody?:unsure:

Right, watched this glossy film last night and feel old, confused, a bit deaf and if I'm entirely honest a bit depressed, as if I've just failed a test of some kind... anybody?:unsure:

I'm a huge Christopher Nolan fan, with films like Interstellar and Inception being two of my all time favourite movies. Two films that need watching several times to fully understand, and two films I could happily watch again today. The only two movies that take me back to the obsessive Matrix years.
So i've been waiting to watch Tenant in the hope it's one of those movies that needs total silence and full concentration to absorb.

You won't get the silence part Paul as the sound track makes you crank up to a certain level for the fairly rapid and technical dialogue and then even a minor explosion or gun shot causes your sphincter to unpucker and knock plaster off the walls.

You won't get the silence part Paul as the sound track makes you crank up to a certain level for the fairly rapid and technical dialogue and then even a minor explosion or gun shot causes your sphincter to unpucker and knock plaster off the walls.

Sounds like my kind of movie then.

A wall can be re-plastered but who will re-tie your balloon knot?!!

Oooh! I’ve been looking at those! Did you snaffle yourself a bargain?
Excellent watching this later in my home cinema with the volume cranked up :)

I'm a huge Christopher Nolan fan, with films like Interstellar and Inception being two of my all time favourite movies. Two films that need watching several times to fully understand, and two films I could happily watch again today. The only two movies that take me back to the obsessive Matrix years.
So i've been waiting to watch Tenant in the hope it's one of those movies that needs total silence and full concentration to absorb.
As Lady Pippa is currently in California and I'm home alone. I have no plans for this wet and dreary Sunday, so I shall now go on Pauls @Tourershine recommendations and have a movie day watching all 3 films Inception, Interstellar and finish off with Tenet.
There will be wine and snacks and the fire is already lit.
Sorted.:thumbsup:

As Lady Pippa is currently in California and I'm home alone. I have no plans for this wet and dreary Sunday, so I shall now go on Pauls @Tourershine recommendations and have a movie day watching all 3 films Inception, Interstellar and finish off with Tenet.
There will be wine and snacks and the fire is already lit.
Sorted.:thumbsup:
A perfect Sunday awaits you! Enjoy

@Fluff34567 Which part didn't you understand

I just struggled with the start, finish and the 2 1/2 hrs in between, apart from that the explosions and menacing bass noises were fantastic.

I'm being a little harsh as the film is on a par with Inception in terms of visual and audio effects that manage to convey some pretty deep shizzle and mind fartery, I shall watch it again when the neighbours are out and dislodge some plasterwork... probably read up on inverse entropy too.:geek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent watching this later in my home cinema with the volume cranked up :)

The wife and I watched it but I think my neighbours might have listened to it as well, damn these charming 1920s semi detached hoses built as they are from wattle and daub!

The wife and I watched it but I think my neighbours might have listened to it as well, damn these charming 1920s semi detached hoses built as they are from wattle and daub!
Lol. Thats why I had my cinema room built. Can turn up thr volume without upsetting the neighbours. Anyway just finished watching it. Super sound track again even when CN still sticks with 5.1 audio. Film on the hand was a little disappointing.

5.1 suits here as I've used the Atmos front high speaker channels to bi-amp the front left and right speakers for additional stereo duties, spanks the poor things something rotten!

Back