Team Indium Grey

Hey everyone!
Quick update on my exterior changes so far... I hope this is in the right section?

So I had my suspension fitted yesterday by Steve from @CRS Performance :)
Hopefully Steve will jump in and answer any technical questions but essentially he's fitted the H&R / Koni Coilover kit with a final drop of around 70mm. He also kindly swapped my alloys for me at the same time and added 20mm H&R spacers to the rear. The alloys were purchased/organised by Oli from @BognorMotors ;)

Before purchasing this kit Oli was very kind to give me a test drive in two of his set-ups - one was the Eibach and the other was the new Bilstein Comforts.
Personally I preferred the Eibachs over the Comforts. Don't know why but I just preferred the ride.
Steve from CRS said that in his opinion his Koni kit was just as good if not better than the Eibachs so with that in mind I decided to take a punt on his set-up.
Steve offers a 'no like, no buy' guarantee so it was a no brainer for me really. Oli is really busy at the moment (which is great of course) but so is my work so getting a suitable slot booked in with him was going to be tricky.
Anyway, I couldn't live with the factory suspension anymore so decided to go with Steve and see what all the fuss was about.

I love the stance as it is now but I reserve comment on the ride until I've had time to test it properly.
Unfortunately my drive home wasn't as expected therefore I was unable to test the suspension fully. I felt a judder throughout the entire van on my long journey home which I could only put down to possible wheel balancing issues. Brand new Alloys so what a ball ache!
Luckily I got back in time to stop by a tyre shop and have them checked. Frustratingly each wheel was out of balance by between 15 - 25 grams. Tyre pressures were also all over the place. I'm not sure what they should be exactly because they're not 'van' tyres as such but the fact that they were all massively different to each other was strange. Not only did that add another 1½ hrs onto my already long day but I was now another £50 lighter :(
I was hoping I could change over my TPMS valves but as it turns out the tyre guy said they need to be swapped back onto the same corner they came from. Unfortunately they weren't labelled as they came off the van so in the end I decided to leave it. I'd had enough by this point anyway. I'll research how to resolve this later on...

So, here's how the van looks now... Thoughts?

View attachment 78103

View attachment 78102

Unfortunately I've been busy since getting back with my van so I won't be able to drive it until Monday / Tuesday at the earliest. I will report back in due course...
What wheels you got on there mate... Nice and im looking for something similar

Looks lovely and great spec based on what is visible. Detail? Guilty pleasure...I quite like the red callipers and am thinking of doing this in due course

Thanks @Mysticboer now I know why i haven't been able to sleep the past few days. Roll on next Friday.

Looks like it could be from VW carbon, if it isn't it's very similar.
Looks a bit more inter grated I’d say. Seems to fit around the side of the original bumper rather than on to the bottom. From that angle it’s the nicest I’ve seen for the 6.1 to date.

Looks a bit more inter grated I’d say. Seems to fit around the side of the original bumper rather than on to the bottom. From that angle it’s the nicest I’ve seen for the 6.1 to date.
Sorry I was looking at the wrong image! :rolleyes:

Maybe this one from Van Style. T6.1 Splitter

Back