Team Indium Grey

Hi just thought I would post some before pics of my top colour shuttle before it gets sorted. I am in full swing collecting parts to change it. So far I have a garage full of Cantera alloys, new tyres, 40mm lowering springs, swivel seat bases and soon a second captain seat from Poland. The lowering springs will be fitted in a few weeks time and the wheels when they have been powder coated in a gunmetal ? colour (yet to decide exactly what colour and keep looking on here for inspiration). I am intending to have it converted to a camper and am 05A37D52-0A55-4810-901A-587B50DA428E.jpegBC2C34F0-C91D-42AD-8CA8-3D6F766CC143.jpeglooking for someone around Southampton to carry out the work so any recommendations would be welcome.

Hi just thought I would post some before pics of my top colour shuttle before it gets sorted. I am in full swing collecting parts to change it. So far I have a garage full of Cantera alloys, new tyres, 40mm lowering springs, swivel seat bases and soon a second captain seat from Poland. The lowering springs will be fitted in a few weeks time and the wheels when they have been powder coated in a gunmetal ? colour (yet to decide exactly what colour and keep looking on here for inspiration). I am intending to have it converted to a camper and am View attachment 87150View attachment 87151looking for someone around Southampton to carry out the work so any recommendations would be welcome.
I understand that @BognorMotors are pretty close to you mate. I’ve not used them personally so far but reading though there are a load of positive reviews.

Hi All, new joiner to T6Forum and Team Indium Grey, so feel free to tell me off and point me in the right direction if I am posting stuff in the wrong place etc...

I am picking my van up next week...happy to post pics, spec etc in due course, but in summary a 2020 T32 Highline SWB 199 which I am buying from a friend. It has c2500 miles on the clock, is quite high spec and already has leather seats, front and rear spoilers and wolfrace (don’t know model, but lovely) wheels. I don’t plan to convert it to a camper but to run as is.

I have one question which I am hoping to get your views on, i.e. Other than the common sense steps around where you park, and befriending the local dent guy, is there an effective physical way of avoiding door dings and dents to the lovely smooth side panels (it would drive me nuts!). It looks like most side bars won’t offer enough protection and I am not sure I really want to fit a wide enough step, but may consider this as last resort. I know you can get rubber strips, but I don’t like the look. Any experience and views on a chrome alternative?

Hi All, new joiner to T6Forum and Team Indium Grey, so feel free to tell me off and point me in the right direction if I am posting stuff in the wrong place etc...

I am picking my van up next week...happy to post pics, spec etc in due course, but in summary a 2020 T32 Highline SWB 199 which I am buying from a friend. It has c2500 miles on the clock, is quite high spec and already has leather seats, front and rear spoilers and wolfrace (don’t know model, but lovely) wheels. I don’t plan to convert it to a camper but to run as is.

I have one question which I am hoping to get your views on, i.e. Other than the common sense steps around where you park, and befriending the local dent guy, is there an effective physical way of avoiding door dings and dents to the lovely smooth side panels (it would drive me nuts!). It looks like most side bars won’t offer enough protection and I am not sure I really want to fit a wide enough step, but may consider this as last resort. I know you can get rubber strips, but I don’t like the look. Any experience and views on a chrome alternative?
Hi @Mysticboer .. Welcome....About the only thing I’ve seen is where the van has had the wheel arch trim and side protectors fitted that you see on swamper vans ....but as you’ve already said it’s about using common sense ....you’ve seen it your self.. Tesco’s car park ...early Sunday morning ...Emtpy...do your shop ..then find your van surrounded when you come out :eek:

Hi @Mysticboer .. Welcome....About the only thing I’ve seen is where the van has had the wheel arch trim and side protectors fitted that you see on swamper vans ....but as you’ve already said it’s about using common sense ....you’ve seen it your self.. Tesco’s car park ...early Sunday morning ...Emtpy...do your shop ..then find your van surrounded when you come out :eek:
Ps I’ve got Chrome side stripes ...still doesn’t help :(

Thanks for the advice @VanDamMan ...parking dings and dents is one of my biggest motoring frustrations, which probably says as much about me as it does about anything else. I guess I was expecting the answer on chrome strips as the compulsive door throwers around my neck of the woods seem to have a knack for finding whatever exposed bodywork your best efforts may have left ...

Thanks for the advice @VanDamMan ...parking dings and dents is one of my biggest motoring frustrations, which probably says as much about me as it does about anything else. I guess I was expecting the answer on chrome strips as the compulsive door throwers around my neck of the woods seem to have a knack for finding whatever exposed bodywork your best efforts may have left ...
Unfortunately it’s not just your neck of the woods....I’ve learnt never to park next to a 2 door car (bigger doors ) or a vehicle with child seats...and this is sad :( ...I even look at car door edges for evidence of chips and rust...Door throwers
People just don't appreciate a good van :laugh:

I spend ages looking for parking spaces when we go out, it drives the missus round the bend.
I always find that if you look hard enough you can usually find good spaces in most car parks. If I cant't find a space that I'm comfortable with I'll take up 2 spaces, but then I park as far away from the main entrance as possible. I will never ever park in a standard width space in between 2 other vehicles.
Here's a couple of pictures of a previous car of mine in a couple of the spaces I use at our local Asda.

IMG_1134.JPG

IMG_1388.JPG

I spend ages looking for parking spaces when we go out, it drives the missus round the bend.
I always find that if you look hard enough you can usually find good spaces in most car parks. If I cant't find a space that I'm comfortable with I'll take up 2 spaces, but then I park as far away from the main entrance as possible. I will never ever park in a standard width space in between 2 other vehicles.
Here's a couple of pictures of a previous car of mine in a couple of the spaces I use at our local Asda.

View attachment 87381

View attachment 87382

Good tips! Maybe we need a satnav that finds these prime parking spots!

Last edited:
It would appear that I have a a few brothers from different mothers that I was never told about :) my usual parking spot when forced to visit the family favourite shopping centre is roof level, between the electric charging points (massive parking spaces btw, almost enough to convince me..) and the pillar! I insist on proper social distancing for cars, let alone my new (son to be picked up) van

Hey, what windows are those side sliders please? I'm trying to get some flush ones similar
Good morning....Unfortunately the van is totally on the outside all original from VW ...the van was ex demo ...Hope that’s helpful :)

Back