Team Banded Brothers.

Hi folks - with regards to centre caps, it turns out I’ve just purchased a set of JBW wheels and I need centre caps... the centre bore diameter is measured at 72.6mm. Has anyone purchased Vw caps of this size, and if so, where from? Cheers!
Like the ones in the pictures mate, I,m gonna silicone glue them on though

Morning all, not specifically a banded steel question but most of us run coilovers, what do you use to keep your coilovers lubed up? Currently I give them a pray of WD40 Dry PTFE spray after every wash but I’m wondering what other people use ?

Morning all, not specifically a banded steel question but most of us run coilovers, what do you use to keep your coilovers lubed up? Currently I give them a pray of WD40 Dry PTFE spray after every wash but I’m wondering what other people use ?
Nothing at all for me, sometimes it can make it worse attracting more dirt and muck etc.

If you ever need to adjust them then wipe then down with an cloth and make sure the threads are clean :thumbsup:

I’ve only had my coilovers on since last October and personally haven’t put anything on them. However when I went back to CRS Performance last weekend Steve did ‘lube them up’ with something before adjusting, so I’m sure you’re doing the right thing @RyanGerry.... a quick squib of WD40 can’t hurt! :thumbsup:

I haven’t done anything with mine, but if I was going to it would be Boeshield T9. The bike lube’s been a game changer with amazing dirt repellancy to boot

I don't know what it is about lwb vans but they look awesome lowered. Nice one :thumbsup:
I agree. There's something about a slammed LWB that just looks so right. That extra length (a whole 12") just adds a special something.

@RyanGerry I used to run HSD coilovers on an old E36 BMW and they were terrible for corrosion. I used to cover the threads in thick grease and just accepted that they needed a clean prior to any adjustment. They would get properly clagged up with muck but the threads were always mint underneath. The springs just got a coat of WD40 or similar.

I agree. There's something about a slammed LWB that just looks so right. That extra length (a whole 12") just adds a special something.

@RyanGerry I used to run HSD coilovers on an old E36 BMW and they were terrible for corrosion. I used to cover the threads in thick grease and just accepted that they needed a clean prior to any adjustment. They would get properly clagged up with muck but the threads were always mint underneath. The springs just got a coat of WD40 or similar.
So every time I wash the van I quickly jack it up, a quick blast of the coils with the jet wash followed by a spray of WD40 silicone spray

5BC551BD-EFEF-4ADC-A663-4FC6357CA90E.jpeg

Anyone ever run 235/55/18 AT style tyres or LAttitudeX sort of tyre? I've run 265/40/20 before with no problems and they are pretty much same size.

Im just thinking of how to keep the banded wheels but give a little more clearance without raising it.

HELP PLEASE GUYS....
Looking to run Duchy Banded steels on my 2019 T6 4motion...
am I ok to run staggered wheels 8.5 & 9 with same size tyres all round?
or best to run 8.5 all round
or 9 all round?

What tyre size if 8.5 and 9"? 255/45/18?? (to achieve load rating of 103 or above)

What tyres would be best?
Read good things about Goodyear Vector 4's, Mich Cross Climates or Uniroyal Rainsport 5's...
I intended running all season though I am contemplating running winter steels (so could go for a summer/wet tyre).

Yeah I run 255/45 all round on 8.5 a s 9in set. Only thing that kind of annoys me with staggered is not being able to swap wheels front to back. If I were getting new I'd go for 8.5 in all round and spacers on the back.

IMG_20210212_105909.jpg

Anyone run 245/50/18 before? I don't want to lower mine any further (clearance underneath) and would like to close the tyre to arch gap so looking at this size?

245 should be fine on a 9in rear from what I've seen.

Anyone run 245/50/18 before? I don't want to lower mine any further (clearance underneath) and would like to close the tyre to arch gap so looking at this size?

245 should be fine on a 9in rear from what I've seen.
I,m running 245/50s on 9front 9.5 rear
Just a nice stretch and no rubbing/catching down at 70mm drop
I chose this size myself as I wanted to keep my arch gap as narrow as possible

Back