Team Banded Brothers.

On another note seeing as I am just not quick enough to get some second hand ones what do you all recommend ordering if I buy new RRs off Jamie at Duchy
9” front 9.5” rear or 9”front 10” rear ??
Decisions Desions

Anyone interested in a pair of 9's. I'm looking to get another pair of 8.5s so would have the 9s for sale.

IMG_20210208_163959.jpg

Last edited:
Well after lots of thought I have decided to buy a new set of 19" RRs off Jamie at Duchy.
Going to get the centre,s Indium Grey to match the van and keep the outer edges aluminium silver.
Any thoughts on that anyone?
Gonna use my 18s as winter wheels :)

Only thing with coloured centres is that they make the wheels appear smaller.
Fair comment , the ones I have seen on this thread a few pages back look pretty
awesome though tbh
everyone has there own opinion though eh mate
I,ve not seen an Indium gray van with the wheels in this combo so thought it would
be different if anything

Reactions: Rye
Long time listener, first time caller...

I joined this forum when I placed an order for my first Transporter (T32 6.1 Pure Grey)... and have become increasingly obsessed with this thread.

So much so, I've got paradox of choice with all the new (to me) information. So please critique choices, don't pull your punches, all opinions and experience welcome... (looks like owning a Transporter becomes an expensive hobby, but I'd like relatively satisfied with my first few purchases)

- Amarok banded steel wheels (Duchy seems the most popular place, but wheels seem readily available at Tamar. Is there a reason to choose one over the other?)
- Gloss Black (along with gloss black THQ grills and sidebars)... I was vaguely tempted by a Pure grey colour match if it's possible or is that weird?
- Widths. 9 front, 9.5 rear.. is this a bad idea at 50mm lowered?
- Is tyre choice crucial to avoid rubbing? side door opening? I'd like to keep a reasonably chunky 45+ profile and load rating. Is there an optimal profile/width ratio?

I'm sure this has all been discussed before, and I've probably read all those posts already.. so apologies in advance if this is all yawn-inducing!

Long time listener, first time caller...

I joined this forum when I placed an order for my first Transporter (T32 6.1 Pure Grey)... and have become increasingly obsessed with this thread.

So much so, I've got paradox of choice with all the new (to me) information. So please critique choices, don't pull your punches, all opinions and experience welcome... (looks like owning a Transporter becomes an expensive hobby, but I'd like relatively satisfied with my first few purchases)

- Amarok banded steel wheels (Duchy seems the most popular place, but wheels seem readily available at Tamar. Is there a reason to choose one over the other?)
- Gloss Black (along with gloss black THQ grills and sidebars)... I was vaguely tempted by a Pure grey colour match if it's possible or is that weird?
- Widths. 9 front, 9.5 rear.. is this a bad idea at 50mm lowered?
- Is tyre choice crucial to avoid rubbing? side door opening? I'd like to keep a reasonably chunky 45+ profile and load rating. Is there an optimal profile/width ratio?

I'm sure this has all been discussed before, and I've probably read all those posts already.. so apologies in advance if this is all yawn-inducing!
My personal choices
9” Front 9.5” Rear Banded Pepperpots 18”
running 245/50/18 Winter Tyres
Aluminium Silver
Van lowered at 70mm with no problems

I have on order
9”Front 10” Rear Banded RRs 19”
gonna run 255/45/19 Falken Azenis
Indium grey centres alu silver outer rim
These are going to be my Summer Wheels

Both sets off Jamie at Duchy Wheels who really is a top guy, the wheels are amazing, I,m pretty sure Jamie makes them for Tamar Wheels.
Colour is a personal choice, my new ones are gonna match my van colour.
The side door doesn’t catch (by 3mm) on my 18s
Hope that helps you

Back