Team Banded Brothers.

Can i ask what is the general consensus on how far I need to lower the van with 18" banded steels? I am looking at all the suspensions at the minute and don't want to make an expensive mistake. I don't want to buy a kit that in the end doesn't go low enough to make the steels look good.

Thanks

Lee

Can i ask what is the general consensus on how far I need to lower the van with 18" banded steels? I am looking at all the suspensions at the minute and don't want to make an expensive mistake. I don't want to buy a kit that in the end doesn't go low enough to make the steels look good.

Thanks

Lee
For me, get it as low as you can! SoLow LOW would be my choice, I just think they look better and better the lower you go!

If the budget allows then go for SoLow AIR and you’ll never be able to park your van without looking back at it again.

Thanks

Lee
on mine. . .

T32 LWB

40mm drop (from standard) on standard OEM Sportline suspension,

18" banded . . . with a heavy load in the back.

1697003324648.png1697003339787.png1697003509720.png

Me again! I've been through this thread front to back and back to front so many times! The steels I've bought have 245/45/18 tyre's but i see a lot of guys on 255/45/18 and other sizes as well. I have gone for STX coil overs so not massively low and I want to loose the arch gap so what we thinking?

Any advice greatly appriciated.

Thanks

Lee

Me again! I've been through this thread front to back and back to front so many times! The steels I've bought have 245/45/18 tyre's but i see a lot of guys on 255/45/18 and other sizes as well. I have gone for STX coil overs so not massively low and I want to loose the arch gap so what we thinking?

Any advice greatly appriciated.

Thanks

Lee
Lee how low are you on your new coilovers?

Stx drop circa 60mm whether that is low enough is personal preference.

255 45 18 are typically 103 rated for a t32 hence a lot of members have them. What load rating are your 245 45 18 tyres and what load capacity is your van?

Stx drop circa 60mm whether that is low enough is personal preference.

255 45 18 are typically 103 rated for a t32 hence a lot of members have them. What load rating are your 245 45 18 tyres and what load capacity is your van?
T28

Cheers Lee

Im not yet, plan on fitting them when i get home from offshore, but ill be going as low as i can on the STX.

Cheers Lee
I don’t know anything about the STX and how low they can go at their max, but just to give you a visual example…. this is my van lowered to 80mm…. both sets of wheels are 18”…. the top picture is with 255/45 tyres all round and the bottom picture is with 235/50 tyres all round. Hope this helps?
IMG_6860.jpegIMG_7864.jpeg

I don’t know anything about the STX and how low they can go at their max, but just to give you a visual example…. this is my van lowered to 80mm…. both sets of wheels are 18”…. the top picture is with 255/45 tyres all round and the bottom picture is with 235/50 tyres all round. Hope this helps?
View attachment 217190View attachment 217191
That’s perfect, my vans silver as well . It looks like your rims are grey in the first picture and black in the second? Do you have any side on pictures of the van with the 235 tyres in?

Thanks Lee

That’s perfect, my vans silver as well . It looks like your rims are grey in the first picture and black in the second? Do you have any side on pictures of the van with the 235 tyres in?

Thanks Lee
You’re right, they are two different sets of wheels…. it’s just never easy to get any detail in a side on picture with black wheels…. they just look black if you know what I mean? Anyway….

IMG_7778.jpeg

Cheers thats great.

Theres not much in it is there? What was your reasoning for two different sizes of tyres?

Thanks

Lee

Cheers thats great.

Theres not much in it is there? What was your reasoning for two different sizes of tyres?

Thanks

Lee
Yeah there’s not much in it at all…. the sidewall on the 235 is slightly taller, but you’re talking millimetres!

Personally I always thought the 255 looked a little too big on my front banded Amarok’s (8.5” wide), but sat much better on the rears (9.5” wide) with a slight ‘stretch’. That’s why I went down to the 235 on my current setup (9.0” wide).

Hope that helps! :thumbsup:

Yeah there’s not much in it at all…. the sidewall on the 235 is slightly taller, but you’re talking millimetres!

Personally I always thought the 255 looked a little too big on my front banded Amarok’s (8.5” wide), but sat much better on the rears (9.5” wide) with a slight ‘stretch’. That’s why I went down to the 235 on my current setup (9.0” wide).

Hope that helps! :thumbsup:
aaaah you're still running Banded Amaroks huh??

Sorry, I know we‘re in the banded steelies thread but I love those STLs @T6ARF :cool: Are they 9” ET30 all round?

@Leemondo12 my van is running STXs and they’re wound all the way down at the front and have adjuster deletes at the back - currently on 19s with 245/45 tyres.

DCBE6470-77D3-44B4-A970-C31E089AFAAD.jpeg

Considering dropping the wheel size to 18” and lifting the front slightly so they’re damping abit more and refitting rear adjusters.

Back