Team Banded Brothers.

Being the devil's advocate, doesn't the fact he needed to fit spacers to make them look perfect suggest they do need a 'rework'. ie need to fit a spacer to the rear to match the front, or need to increase the front offset to match the rear?

It's all a matter of taste but I think the rear is better without the spacer, but the front pokes too much, so the pair doesn't look balanced.
Also as a company I would have thought it will be more profitable to sell wheels that match all transporters rather than ones that wont fit on low vans?
Can I just say I didn’t ‘need’ to fit spacers…. it was my personal choice. I prefer the look of a bit more ‘poke’ rather than ‘tuck’. The fact is that the standard Transporter fitment has the rear wheels further in under the rear wing…. or at least that is how it appears. That’s why a lot of people running the same width wheels all round choose to run spacers on the rear. So it’s got nothing to do with this particular wheel.

Do one of you moderator chaps think this specific wheel discussion needs to be moved to it’s own thread (Rotiform STL)…. might be useful for anyone thinking of these wheels in the future?? And it’s hijacked the Team Banded Brothers thread quite enough.
It can be sorted. Anyone else think the same??

Do one of you moderator chaps think this specific wheel discussion needs to be moved to it’s own thread (Rotiform STL)…. might be useful for anyone thinking of these wheels in the future?? And it’s hijacked the Team Banded Brothers thread quite enough.

Out of interest what kind of tyre pressures are you all running on steels? 235/50/18 got 38 psi in at the minute and not sure if it’s right?

Cheers Lee
Any takers on what the general consensus is on tyre pressures for banded wheels?

Cheers Lee

What the et which might be the biggest factor? I have 9j et35 and don’t stick out.. had some Detroit Steels that stuck out like these..

What the et which might be the biggest factor? I have 9j et35 and don’t stick out.. had some Detroit Steels that stuck out like these..
On banded Amaroks they just add the band to the outside so et on the same width will always be the same.
I don't think the bulky tyre is helping. I've found another set same set up from earlier in this thread and they look to sit the same so I'm 99% sure they are 9in.

Screenshot_20240315_223052_Chrome.jpg

On banded Amaroks they just add the band to the outside so et on the same width will always be the same.
I don't think the bulky tyre is helping. I've found another set same set up from earlier in this thread and they look to sit the same so I'm 99% sure they are 9in.

View attachment 233172
That’s my van, they were 9” & 9.5” rear, this had some mega chunky winter tyres, and my van was only on H&R lowering springs at the time, looked a lot different when I changed the suspension for SoLow and tyres, never had any issues.

They definitely look 9's on the front I ran a set of 9 front 9.5 rear
My Duchy 9.5s just rubbed my sliding door card ever so slightly

Back