Team Banded Brothers.

Its normally 60 per wheel on an 18 if that's any help :thumbsup:
Found a place locally that is £180 for all 4, so going to get them done in silver. (Wife told me not to be a dick when I mentioned gold. We both think they will look good on a black van, but she also pointed out my age. Lol)

I know powder is fairly hard wearing but do you guys use any protection? Ceramic coat, or clear lacquer, etc?

Found a place locally that is £180 for all 4, so going to get them done in silver. (Wife told me not to be a dick when I mentioned gold. We both think they will look good on a black van, but she also pointed out my age. Lol)

I know powder is fairly hard wearing but do you guys use any protection? Ceramic coat, or clear lacquer, etc?
Gold wheels belong on a 90s subaru! :cool:

I tend to use poor boys wheel wax a few times a year on them. The powder coat holds up really well, as they are easy to keep clean I think it really helps too!

Likewise a good wax a few times a year and cleaning them regularly will keep them fresh, I’m a bit OCD with mine so they are only on from April till October and cleaned every weekend. I’m on my second set of Duchy’s and have never had a single issue.

A81C9C5A-78F1-4A13-9E27-6D8D820AAAC4.jpeg

E9DDFA3E-A24C-4BF3-813D-E2AF474A105A.jpeg

6B5503AE-61C5-492B-AD74-45AFE0BEC0CF.jpeg

Screenshot_20230316-173952~3.pngScreenshot_20230316-174002~2.pngGot sent these today from the garage fitting my air ride, rear tyres are part worn so needing changed. Currently running 245/50 fronts are 8.5 rears 9.5 What sizes are you guys recommending who run air and dutchys?
Planning to go with cross climates

Last edited:
After talking to @Tourershine I went with 235/40. Heard lots of good things about them so will see how they go and will probably put them on my caddy aswell

I’ve made a ‘school boy error’.
The wheels were powder coated 3 times due to issues at the painters. Result is the paint is thicker than it should be, but at least they shouldn’t rust quickly…

The issue is with the centre bore. Tight. You can see where I’m going with this!

I used wheel bolts to pull wheel onto centre bore thinking it would push out excessive paint. It did to a point. I needed a big lever to get one wheel off. Not tried other 3 yet.

So, I need to remove wheels and clean out the centre bore of paint. I was thinking a Stanley knife run around the CB.

Anyone had this issue and can offer some other potential solutions? I think I need to clear the bolt seats as well, but will look tomorrow.
Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Morning all.
May be a strange question but has anyone put all terrain / SUV tyres on banded steels?
I’ve been using michelin latitude cross on my standard wheels over the winter and with all the pot holes around and camping i have been doing was thinking of putting some on my steels.
Any pics would be good as well.
Cheers

Back